These delicious chocolate and rum butterscotch balls are bite sized and just full of flavor.
These yummy butterscotch balls are very easy to make and delicious to eat. The recipe combines dark chocolate, dark brown sugar and walnuts together with a few other pantry staples.
I love a sweet treat this is just a single bite. Often times, that is all that is needed to satisfy my yen for something to satisfy my sweet tooth.
Treat yourself to these butterscotch balls.
this recipe couldn’t be easier to prepare. Just combine all the ingredients in a large bowl, and shape into balls and allow them to set.
They also have a surprise rum base for a grown up sweet treat. (The rum can be omitted if you would like them to be served to all ages.)
For more recipes, please visit The Gardening Cook on Facebook.
- 1 cup packed Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 3 ounces dark chocolate, chopped in small pieces
- 2 cups of Confectioners Sugar
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- Combine the brown sugar, salt, vanilla extract, butter, milk and rum in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring all the time, and remove from heat. Whisk in the dark chocolate and allow the mixture to cool at room temperature.
- Add the powdered sugar in 1/2 cup amounts stirring each time you add the sugar. If batter becomes too firm transfer on a board dusted with powdered sugar and mix by hand.
- The batter will set and become firmer in 10-20 minutes. Shape in 1 inch round balls and roll in chopped walnuts.
- Place on parchment or wax paper and place in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Makes about 3 dozen 1" balls.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 106Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 46mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 0gSugar: 15gProtein: 1g
Nutritional information is approximate due to natural variation in ingredients and the cook-at-home nature of our meals.