I love a sweet treat this is just a single bite. Often times, that is all that is needed to satisfy my yen for something to satisfy my sweet tooth. These delicious chocolate and rum butterscotch balls are bite sized and just full of flavor. They are really easy to make too. Just combine all the ingredients, and shape into balls and allow them to set.
Treat yourself to these butterscotch balls.
They also have a surprise rum base for a grown up sweet treat. (The rum can be omitted if you would like them to be served to all ages.)
For more recipes, please visit The Gardening Cook on Facebook.
- 1 cup packed Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 3 ounces dark chocolate, chopped in small pieces
- 2 cups of Confectioners Sugar
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- Combine the brown sugar, salt, vanilla extract, butter, milk and rum in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring all the time, and remove from heat. Whisk in the dark chocolate and allow the mixture to cool at room temperature.
- Add the powdered sugar in 1/2 cup amounts stirring each time you add the sugar. If batter becomes too firm transfer on a board dusted with powdered sugar and mix by hand.
- The batter will set and become firmer in 10-20 minutes. Shape in 1 inch round balls and roll in chopped walnuts.
- Place on parchment or wax paper and place in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Makes about 3 dozen 1" balls.
Amount Per Serving Calories 106 Total Fat 4g Saturated Fat 1g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 3g Cholesterol 3mg Sodium 46mg Carbohydrates 16g Fiber 0g Sugar 15g Protein 1g
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive a small commission from the sale, but the price is the same for you. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."