Printable Recipe: Mushrooms and Garlic with Brandy and Thyme.
I love mushroom side dishes and am always looking for new and interesting ways to cook them. This recipe for mushrooms and garlic with brandy and thyme is my latest addition to my arsenal and it is delicious.
The recipe is fast and easy to do. Perfect for busy week nights and the brandy adds great flavor to the mushrooms.
Begin by cooking the onion and garlic over a medium heat until soft and translucent.
Stir in your mushrooms and cook until they get browned and reduced in size.Add your herbs and continue cooking. I used parsley and thyme tonight.Next comes the brandy. A bit for the cook and a bit for the pan!Continue cooking until the liquid reduces slightly – about 4 minutes or so.
Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately.
- 1 pound of mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup of brandy
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat and cook the onions and garlic until translucent.
- Stir in the mushrooms and cook until softened. Add the fresh herbs and stir to combine.
- Stir in the brandy and cook until the liquid reduced. Sprinkle with parsley and Serve immediately.