Who doesn’t love a Banana pecan cake? It is moist and just delicious. This great recipe is easy to make and tastes wonderful. I’ve used reduced fat cream cheese on the frosting, and unsweetened applesauce in the cake mix, to cut down the calories a bit.
This Banana Pecan Cake is a Great Use of Ripe Bananas
The pecans add a nice crunch and the cream cheese frosting is wonderful as always. It makes a nice addition to the banana flavor.
Recipe adapted from Real Mom Kitchen
Do you like the taste of bananas and pecans?
For the cake
- 4 ripe bananas
- 1 Betty Crocker French Vanilla Cake Mix
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce - (you could also use oil if you wish)
For the Frosting
- 8 ounce reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp Milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Sliced Bananas as a garnish
Directions for the banana pecan cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Peel and mash bananas.
- Add cake mix and the rest of the cake ingredients
- Mix in mashed bananas
- Spray a Bundt pan with cooking spray and pour in the batter
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 - 55 minutes depending on your oven and pan. Start checking at 35-40 minutes and remove when toothpick inserted into center of ring comes out clean.
- To make the frosting, blend cream cheese, and butter. Gradually add the confectioners sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Beat in the vanilla extract.
- When the cake has cooled, sprinkle it with 1/2 of the chopped pecans. Spread the prepared frosting over the cake and top with the remaining pecans. Finish the top with a few banana slices just before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 360 Total Fat: 14g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 49mg Sodium: 278mg Carbohydrates: 58g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 43g Protein: 4g