This recipe for beer brined grilled pork chops uses Killian’s Irish Red beer plus brown sugar and agave syrup which compliments the natural sweetness of the pork and add some complexity as well.
Using sage in this rub gives the pork chops an nice earthy flavor. See my tips for growing sage here.
Printable Recipe – Beer Brined Pork Chops
I love cooking with alcohol. Nothing seems to add flavor quite like a splash of something alcoholic to my favorite recipes. Normally, I cook with wine, but for this dish, I used beer.
The recipe is easy but the pork does need to marinate in the brine at least 4 hours before grilling.
Serve with creamy garlic potatoes and a side salad for a tasty main course meal.
Yum! The flavor is perfect. My husband just loved it.
**Note: For those worrying about the alcohol content, you may have heard that cooking it will remove the alcohol. Is this true? The answer is yes and no. It depends on the cooking time and how long heat is applied. Cooking does remove some of the alcohol but not all. For more info, please visit OChef.
For more recipes, please visit The Gardening Cook on Facebook.
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of Killian Red Lager beer
- 1 tbsp of Kosher salt
- 1 tbsp of agave syrup
- 2 tbsp of packed light brown sugar
- 16 ounces lean boneless pork chops
- 3 large cloves of garlic, minced.
For the rub
- 1 1/2 tsp of cracked black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp of Kosher salt
- 1 tsp of dried sage (or 1 tbsp of fresh sage)
- Combine the water, beer, salt, sugar, syrup and garlic in a bowl. Place the pork chops in a shallow bowl and pour over the brine. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Prepare the BBQ. Remove the pork chops from the brine and pat dry. Combine the pepper, salt and sage. Use it as a rub for the pork.
- Grill the pork chops for about 10 minutes on each side until done. Remove to a platter, cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Serve with creamy garlic potatoes and a side salad.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 366 Total Fat: 16g Saturated Fat: 6g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 9g Cholesterol: 85mg Sodium: 2728mg Carbohydrates: 16g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 8g Protein: 31g