These Asian glazed chicken skewers are great for a busy week night, and end up with a light and sweet glaze that is just lovely.
The recipe rivals any at your favorite Chinese restaurant and is ready in minutes.
Asian Glazed Chicken Skewers
The recipe is so easy to do. Just slightly precook the chicken on a grill, make the glaze and finish in the oven and serve with the remaining glaze. What could be easier than that?
Be sure to soak your skewers for about 1/2 hour in water so that they do not burn on the grill or in the oven.
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
For the glaze
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons of minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon of Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of Chinese Five Spice Powder
- dash of Cracked black pepper
- Pam cooking spray
- Place the chicken chunks on bamboo skewers that have been soaked in water. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil on an outside grill or stove top grill pan.
- Add the chicken skewers and cook until not quite done but with grill marks on the outside (they will finish in the oven with the glaze, so need to be just under done.
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Whisk together the honey, soy sauce, toasted sesame oil, chili garlic sauce, garlic, Chinese Five Spice Powder, and salt in a bowl until smooth.
- Place the chicken skewers on a baking tray lined with foil and sprayed with Pam cooking spray. Cook for four minutes and remove and baste with about some of the glaze (save some for serving later).
- Return to the oven for another four minutes. Remove and serve with the dipping glaze.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 367Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 96mgSodium: 1669mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 0gSugar: 18gProtein: 37g
Nutritional information is approximate due to natural variation in ingredients and the cook-at-home nature of our meals.