Here is another of my short cut recipes. (as in full of flavor but short on time) This time I am using a great time saver from A Taste of Thai – their peanut sauce mix.
This mix makes great tasting stir fries, is super on baked chicken and can be used in a host of other ways too. Today I am using it to make a Thai peanut chicken pasta dish with fresh vegetables. You can find this mix in the Oriental aisles of most supermarkets and also on Amazon.com. (affiliate link) And the mix is gluten free as well!
This dish could not be easier to make. And even though it has a premade sauce mix, it is just full of fresh ingredients to make sure that the taste and healthy part of it is great.
It takes about the same time as a normal stir fry and uses coconut milk to add a bit more flavor and some creaminess. I use the lite version of the coconut mix and it’s still very tasty. First just sauted my onions, celery and peppers in a bit of olive oil to soften them. You can brown the chicken a bit too if you want.
Instead of using a normal stir fry method to finish the recipe, this dish has everything simmered in the delicious coconut milk. Linguine is my choice of pasta for this dish.
Normally, I like to blend spices to make my recipes and stay away from convenience foods, but on busy nights, why spend a lot of time combining spices, when you can use this short cut mix and end up with a ton of flavor? My husband loves all the dishes I make this way. I honestly can’t remember the last time he raved so much about one of my recipes. Guess I will be making this again!
For more meals that you can have ready in thirty minutes or less, please visit this article.
- 14 oz Lite coconut milk
- 1 1/4 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced thinly
- 1 box of Taste of Thai peanut sauce mix (both inside packages)
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 ribs of celery, sliced on the diagonal
- 1 cup of broccoli florets
- 1/2 medium red pepper
- 1/2 medium yellow pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic.
- 1 pound of linguine cooked according to package directions
- 1/4 cup Unsalted Dry roasted Peanuts for garnish if desired.
- Boil the linguine in salted water according to package directions.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet and saute the onions, garlic, peppers, broccoli and celery until they just start to get slightly soft. Remove and keep warm.
- Heat the coconut milk in the same skillet over medium high heat. Add the chicken and simmer until cooked almost through and no longer pink. Be sure to stir occasionally.
- Add the peanut sauce mix and bring to a boil. Simmer 3-4 minutes until the sauce has thickened and chicken is cooked through.
- Add the vegetables, combine well until cooked.
- Serve the chicken and vegetables over the cooked linguine. Garnish with dry roasted, unsalted peanuts if desired.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 356Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 69mgSodium: 110mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 29g