I have discovered a love of all things waffles lately. There is nothing quite like the taste of these delicious, toasty treats with wells that just scream out for something to fill them. My latest excursion into waffle kingdom are these wonderful peanut butter banana Belgian waffles with dark chocolate and whipped cream. HEAVEN for breakfast!
These peanut butter banana Belgian waffles are a wonderfully decadent way to start your day!
Peanut butter, bananas and dark chocolate are a winning combination in my book. This classic, rich flavor combo makes the BEST tasting waffles.
These Peanut butter banana Belgian waffles are easy to make. Just have two bowls ready. One for the wet ingredients and one for the dry. I find it helps to whisk the dry ingredients together and then make a crater in the middle to add your other ingredients.
The batter for these Peanut butter banana Belgian waffles calls for some discipline. That batter will go in the waffle maker, not in your mouth! I love to use a Belgian waffle maker for my waffles. The are larger than American style waffles and have those deep craters.
These peanut butter banana waffles are so rich and delicious. They are the perfect weekend breakfast, when you want to get a late start to your mornings and want something decadent on the breakfast table.
Add some whipped cream, and drizzle with pure vanilla extract and then get your microplane grater out and finish the plate with rich, dark chocolate. YUMMO! Can we say “dig right in” in unison, folks?
What is your favorite breakfast to have on the weekend when you have lots of time to prepare breakfast? I’d love to hear your ideas in the comments below. Do you love waffles like I do? Try these strawberry waffles too.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons of creamy peanut butter
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2/4 cup skim milk
- 1 medium ripe banana
- Pure Maple syrup
- grated dark chocolate
- whipped cream
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk to combine and make a crater in the center of the mix. In a bowl, combine the oil, vanilla extract, eggs and milk and add to the dry ingredients.
- Stir in the diced bananas
- Place peanut butter in a bowl; gradually whisk in oil, peanut butter, vanilla and egg.
- Pour this mixture into the crater you have made. Stir in the diced bananas.
- Coat the wells of the waffle maker with cooking spray and spoon in ¼ cup of batter to each well.
- Cook for 5 minutes until the waffles are lightly browned.
- Serve with whip cream, pure maple sugar and a grating of dark chocolate
Serving Size1 waffle
Amount Per Serving Calories 128 Total Fat 4g Saturated Fat 1g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 3g Cholesterol 16mg Sodium 195mg Carbohydrates 21g Fiber 1g Sugar 9g Protein 3g
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive a small commission from the sale, but the price is the same for you. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."