My latest excursion into waffle kingdom are these wonderful peanut butter banana Belgian waffles with dark chocolate and whipped cream. HEAVEN for breakfast!
I have discovered a love of all things waffles lately. There is nothing quite like the taste of these delicious, toasty treats with wells that just scream out for something to fill them.
These peanut butter banana Belgian waffles are a wonderfully decadent way to start your day!
Peanut butter, bananas and dark chocolate are a winning combination in my book. This classic, rich flavor combo makes the BEST tasting waffles.
These Peanut butter banana Belgian waffles are easy to make. Just have two bowls ready. One for the wet ingredients and one for the dry.
I find it helps to whisk the dry ingredients together and then make a crater in the middle to add your other ingredients.
The batter for these Peanut butter banana Belgian waffles calls for some discipline. That batter will go in the waffle maker, not in your mouth! I love to use a Belgian waffle maker] for my waffles.
These peanut butter banana waffles are so rich and delicious.
Add some whipped cream, and drizzle with pure vanilla extract and then get your microplane grater out and finish the plate with rich, dark chocolate. YUMMO! Can we say “dig right in” in unison, folks?
What is your favorite breakfast to have on the weekend when you have lots of time to prepare breakfast? I’d love to hear your ideas in the comments below. Do you love waffles like I do? Try these strawberry waffles too.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons of creamy peanut butter
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2/4 cup skim milk
- 1 medium ripe banana
- Pure Maple syrup
- grated dark chocolate
- whipped cream
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk to combine and make a crater in the center of the mix. In a bowl, combine the oil, vanilla extract, eggs and milk and add to the dry ingredients.
- Stir in the diced bananas
- Place peanut butter in a bowl; gradually whisk in oil, peanut butter, vanilla and egg.
- Pour this mixture into the crater you have made. Stir in the diced bananas.
- Coat the wells of the waffle maker with cooking spray and spoon in ¼ cup of batter to each well.
- Cook for 5 minutes until the waffles are lightly browned.
- Serve with whip cream, pure maple sugar and a grating of dark chocolate
Serving Size:1 waffle
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 128Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 195mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 1gSugar: 9gProtein: 3g
Nutritional information is approximate due to natural variation in ingredients and the cook-at-home nature of our meals.