This recipe for Roasted Italian potatoes and onions is just delicious.
The onions are crispy on the outside and have a lovely flavor and texture when you bite into them.
This recipe is super easy to do. The potatoes and onions take on a really delicious flavor with a mix of fresh rosemary and thyme combined with paprika.
Roasted Italian Potatoes and Onions – A Delicious Side Dish.
The potatoes are first mixed with this lovely sweet smoked paprika in a bowl with some olive oil. Next place the herbs on the bottom of the roasting pan. I used a silicone baking sheet. It makes clean up easier later.
Then slice the onions and place them on top of the herbs. Finally, add the potatoes and paprika and drizzle with a bit more oil.
I love that the potatoes and onions are cooked on top of the fresh herbs, and then everything gets mixed together at serving time, and this infuses them with the flavor of the herbs.
These roasted Italian Potatoes and onions are a perfect side dish for any protein course or also a great main dish for vegans or vegetarians.The potatoes are so full of flavor, and roasting brings out the sweetness of the onions. The paprika and fresh herbs make a wonderful flavor profile that really adds to the taste. We loved them.!
I served these potatoes with my seasoned grilled pork chops and they went perfectly together.
For another great international side dish, try these Italian sweet potatoes. They are YUM!
- 1/4 cup of extra-virgin olive oil
- Pam cooking spray for the baking pan
- 2 lb. small potatoes, cut into halves
- 1 tsp smoky sweet paprika
- Mediterranean sea salt
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper.
- 1 large onion, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 tsp fresh thyme and rosemary, finely chopped
- Flaky Kosher salt for serving
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and heat the oven to 450°F. Spray pam on a large baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, toss the potatoes and paprika with the olive oil and 1 tsp. of the salt to coat.
- Spread the thyme and rosemary on the baking sheet. Add the onion slices over the herbs, and then place with the potatoes, cut side down. Pour over any olive oil remaining in the bowl over the potatoes.
- Roast until the potatoes are tender and brown on the edges, 30 to 35 minutes. Transfer the potatoes and onions to a bowl and toss with the cooked herbs. Season to taste with Kosher salt and serve.