If you love the taste of coffee desserts, you will love these mocha cream puffs. Their mocha flavor is lovely and the texture takes this dessert to a new level.
The cream puffs have a crisp top and bottom puff just brimming with delicious mocha cream that has been lightened up a bit.
These delicious cream puffs make a nice light dessert and are great as a sweet choice of finger food the next time you have friends over for drinks.
They are fancy looking but light and delicious too. The recipe calls for just a bit of butter and used low fat vanilla yogurt instead of cream to save on calories.
These mocha cream puffs are a perfect sweet bite
Make your batter and them drop it on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper in 20 small rounds. Bake for 25 minutes until browned.
The mocha filling is made with yogurt, cocoa powder and coffee crystals for a yummy taste that will tempt your coffee loving friends.
For more healthy recipes, please visit The Gardening Cook Recipes on Facebook.d
Mocha Cream Puffs
These tasty cream puffs have a rich mocha center and a coffee flavored outside. Serve them for a special occasion.
For the puffs
- 3/4 cup of water
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 1 teaspoon of instant coffee crystals
- 1/8 teaspoonkosher salt
- 3/4 cup of all purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- Confectioners sugar to finish
For the mocha filling
- 1/2 cup of low fat vanilla yoghurt
- 2 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee crystals
- 4 ounces of frozen light whipped dessert topping, thawed
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Cover a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the water, butter, coffee and salt.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add the flour and stir vigorously.
- Cook until a ball forms that does not separate.
- Cool for 5 minutes.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well with each egg. Be sure it is very smooth.
- Drop onto the baking sheet in 20 mounds.
- Bake about 25 minutes or until they have browned.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- To make the mocha filling, combine the yoghurt cocoa powder and coffee crystals.
- Add the whipped topping. Cover and chill until ready to use.
- When the puffs have cooled, split them and remove the soft dough that is on the inside of the puff.
- Pipe the mocha filling into the bottom puff.
- Replace the top of the pastry and and add a dollop on the top, too.
- Sprinkle lightly with confectioners sugar.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 93Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 33mgSodium: 39mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 0gSugar: 8gProtein: 2g
Nutritional information is approximate due to natural variation in ingredients and the cook-at-home nature of our meals.
Sunday 21st of July 2013
These sound delicious -- however the measurement for flour is missing for the puffs! :-) Thanks, I love your recipes!!
Sunday 21st of July 2013
Thanks for alerting me to my typo. I have edited the article so that it shows now. It's 3/4 cup of all purpose flour.
Proof reading is my friend!