If you love to use hard boiled eggs in recipes, put this curried egg salad with olives on your rotation. It’s the perfect filler for a pita pocket.
Pita pockets are the perfect containers for any salad type sandwich. They hold the ingredients well and don’t spill the contents all over you like a sandwich does when you bit into them.
This recipe for curried hard boiled egg salad with olives takes a normal egg salad recipe to a whole new level.
The recipe is quick and easy. About 15 minutes and you will have your lunch all ready.
The filling is creamy and delicious and I have lightened it up with light mayonnaise. The black olives add a nice richness to the mix too.
Curried Egg Salad with Olives
- 3 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 1/4 cup of light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup of vidalia onion
- 2 tbsp of chopped black olives
- 1/4 tsp of curry powder
- 1/8 tsp of sugar
- Kosher salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- 4 pita pocket halve
- 4 curly lettuce leaves.
- In a large bowl combine everything except for the pita pockets and lettuce. Still to blend well.
- Line the pita pockets with the lettuce leaves and spoon the egg salad evenly into the pockets.
- Serve and enjoy.