Looking for an easy recipe for hash browns to cook for a Sunday Brunch? These delicious hash brown potatoes are so simple to make and the fresh herbs make them taste just great.
Sunday morning is a special time for us at our house. We normally go out to eat for breakfast as a treat but today we decided to eat at home.
To make the morning special, I decided to make some of my husband’s favorite hashbrowns.
Bacon and eggs were the star of the brunch and the hash browns compliment them beautifully. The bacon is baked in the oven, for ease of preparation and to reduce the fat content.
A fresh fruit platter and wonderful jumbo bakery style chocolate chip muffins completed the meal.
It was a lavish breakfast but we won’t eat lunch so the extra calories won’t matter.
Hash Brown Potatoes
Perfect for a side dish or as a hearty accompaniment for eggs in the morning. These hash brown potatoes have a lovely taste of fresh herbs.
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 pounds potatoes, peeled and 1-inch diced
- 2 medium yellow onions, chopped
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground cracked black pepper
- 1 1/2 tbsp minced fresh oregano
- 2 tsp fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground paprika
- Melt the butter in a large 12 inch saute pan.
- Add the potatoes, onions, salt, and pepper.
- Cook over medium-low heat for 15 to 20 minutes, turning every so often, until the potatoes are evenly browned and cooked through.
- Turn off the heat and add the herbs and paprika.
- Serve with bacon and eggs for a great brunch..
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 209Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 25mgSodium: 789mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 4gSugar: 3gProtein: 4g
Nutritional information is approximate due to natural variation in ingredients and the cook-at-home nature of our meals.