Feeling as though the tropics are beckoning you to get out of the cold weather? This amazing chicken recipe uses the flavor of chicken infused with soy sauce and coconut milk to give you a wonderfully delicious dinner.
Treat yourself to Hawaiian Grilled Chicken
Just marinate the chicken in the morning and let the flavors sit during the day. It will make you think you are on a Hawaiian vacation!
I cooked this recipe on an indoor grill pan but it is also good cooked outside on a barbeque. Just be sure the grill is set to low so the marinade does not burn.
As a special touch, serve this on a bed of coconut rice. I used half water and half coconut milk with rice in a rice cooker. This gives the rice just the right amount of coconut flavor to compliment the flavors in the chicken. Seriously!! The rice is a meal all by itself. It was just plain delicious.
Serve with a coconut rum and pineapple juice cocktail for an adult beverage to complete the tropical menu. This is one of the tastiest meals I have made in a long time.
- 1 pound of boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- dash cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cups soy sauce
- 1/2 cups water
- 1/3 cups brown sugar
- 2 green onions, chopped (reserve some for garnish)
- 1/4 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 tsp of cumin
- 1 tsp of toasted sesame oil
- 7 ounces can of coconut milk (use the other 1/2 can to make coconut rice)
- 1 tbsp of coconut, to garnish
- 1 tbsp spring onions to garnish
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and place in a baking dish. Mix together the soy sauce, water, brown sugar, onions, garlic, sesame oil, cumin and coconut milk in a large bowl. Pour over the chicken and Marinade it early in the day or overnight to make sure the flavor gets infused.
- Grill chicken at a low heat so that the marinade does not burn for 5-7 minutes per side. I used an indoor grill pan but you can also grill it on the barbeque.
- Serve over a bed of coconut rice and garnish with green onions, sprinkled coconut, and an extra drizzle of soy sauce.
- To make the coconut rice. I used a rice cooker with rice, and equal amounts of water and the other half of the can of coconut milk.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 483Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 96mgSodium: 2207mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 3gSugar: 24gProtein: 40g