Easy Strawberry Pie is a Summer time Taste Sensation
Fresh strawberries make such a great addition to desserts. They are fresh and naturally low in calories and very tasty. (See my recipe for strawberry oatmeal bars here.)
The recipe calls for fresh sliced strawberries (I get them in bulk in May from the Farmer’s Market) and uses strawberry jello for the syrup. Top it all off with chocolate drizzle and a dollop of whip cream and you have a fast and easy week night dessert that tastes as though you spent hours preparing it.
This strawberry pie has no upper crust but many pies do have one. Check out these pie crust decorating ideas for making this type of pie.
Here is an image of the pie sliced.
For more recipes, be sure to visit The gardening Cook on Facebook.
- 1 10" deep dish pie crust
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- 3 ounce box of strawberry jello
- 4 cups of sliced strawberries
- Smuckers sundae syrup chocolate
- Whip Cream
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and cook the pie crust for about 10 minutes until golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- Line the cooled pie crust with the sliced strawberries. They should come just about to the top of the pie.
- Combine the cornstarch, sugar and water in a saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low and stir until thickened. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the jello until combined.
- Pour the strawberry sugar and jello mixture over the pie. Place in the fridge until set. Takes about four hours.
- Drizzle the top of the pie with the chocolate syrup and add a dollop of whip cream and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 322Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 3gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 208mgCarbohydrates: 54gFiber: 2gSugar: 34gProtein: 3g