This tasty Greek Salad combines tomatoes, green peppers and cucumbers in a tangy lemon and olive oil dressing. It combines Goat cheese and Kalamata olives for a nice change and makes a great side dish.
Mediterranean inspired recipes make use of real natural flavors that are heart healthy and just full of flavor. This salad comes together quickly and tastes amazing.
Team up your lunch with this delicious Greek Salad
This easy to make salad pairs well with grilled lamb chops, basic quiche or many other meat dishes.
What do you think of Greek Salads? Do you find the flavors different from other Mediterranean styled salads? Do you think it is the olives that give the dish its extra special touch?
For more recipes, be sure to visit my Facebook Gardening Cook page.
- 2 large tomatoes,cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped mint
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 tsp Mediterranean sea salt
- 1/4 cup Goat Cheese (cubed)
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions (scallions)
- 1/2 cup of diced green peppers
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives
- 1/2 cups cucumber (diced)
- Cut up tomatoes and place in medium-sized bowl.
- Add half the mint, half the thyme, the salt, and a bit of fresh-ground black pepper. Combine ingredients and let sit at room temperature for about one hour.
- In a separate bowl, combine goat cheese, remaining mint, remaining thyme, and a bit more fresh-ground pepper. Let sit at room temperature about one hour.
- Cut up cucumbers and green peppers into bite-sized pieces. Slice the green onions and add to the cucumbers and green peppers.
- Add in the combined tomato mixture, Goat cheese, mixture, cucumbers, green onions, Green peppers and olives in large bowl. Let sit at room temperature for a few minutes.
- Just before serving, the olive oil and fresh lemon juice and mix gently with salad ingredients. (You may not need all the dressing depending on how wet you prefer your salad.) Season with salt and more fresh ground black pepper if desired and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 395Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 934mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 2gSugar: 20gProtein: 6g
Nutritional information is approximate due to natural variation in ingredients and the cook-at-home nature of our meals.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive a small commission from the sale, but the price is the same for you. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."