This tasty Mediterranean Greek Salad combines juicy tomatoes, green peppers and fresh cucumbers in a tangy dressing. It is a great addition to my collection of Mediterranean recipes.
The flavors are delightful and combine creamy goat cheese and tangy kalamata olives for a nice change to a normal tossed salad. It makes a great side dish for any protein.
With a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, a squeeze of lemon, and a sprinkle of fresh herbs, the flavors in this salad come together to create a wonderful balance that is both satisfying and healthy.
Keep reading to learn how to make this delicious and filling salad recipe.
Mediterranean inspired recipes make use of real natural flavors that are heart healthy and just full of flavor. This salad comes together quickly and tastes amazing.
How to make this delicious Mediterranean Greek salad
Your taste buds will think you are having lunch on the sunbaked shores of the Mediterranean with this refreshing and vibrant Greek salad recipe. It is bursting with fresh ingredients and authentic flavors, all topped with creamy goat cheese.
Whether you’re looking for a light lunch, a side dish to accompany your main course, or a healthy salad to add to a summer barbecue, this Mediterranean salad is sure to impress your guests.
To make the salad, you will need the following ingredients:
- Green onions (scallions)
- Cucumber (diced)
- Green peppers
- Fresh mint
- Fresh thyme leaves
- Mediterranean sea salt
- Kalamata olives
- Goat Cheese
- Lemon juice
- Extra virgin olive oil
To make the salad, cut up the vegetables into bite-sized pieces.
Slice the green onions, and red onion and place the cut up vegetables into a medium sized bowl.
Add half the mint, half the thyme, the sea salt, and a bit of fresh-ground black pepper to the vegetables. Let the mixture rest for 30 minutes.
In a separate bowl, the kalamata olives and cheese, the remaining mint, the remaining thyme, and a bit more of the fresh-ground pepper. Let this mixture also rest for 20 minutes.
Allowing the mixtures to rest lets the flavors combine well throughout the salad.
Mix the vegetables with the goat cheese mixture. The Greek salad dressing recipe is super easy! Just drizzle the salad with olive oil and fresh lemon juice. A light sprinkle of dried thyme leaves also gives a nice texture.
What do you think of Greek Salads? Do you find the flavors different from other Mediterranean styled salads? Do you think it is the olives that give the dish its extra special touch? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.
Share this goat cheese salad recipe on Twitter
If you enjoyed making this tasty Mediterranean salad, be sure to share the recipe with a friend. Here is a tweet to get you started:Craving a taste of the Mediterranean? 🌿🍅🥒 Try this vibrant Greek Salad recipe! Bursting with fresh cucumbers, juicy tomatoes, tangy olives, and creamy goat cheese, it's a flavor-packed delight. Drizzled with olive oil, lemon juice… Click To Tweet
More Mediterranean recipes to try
Discover the flavores of the Mediterranean through our tantalizing collection of recipes. It is time to savor the vibrant flavors and wholesome ingredients that define this iconic cuisine. Bon appétit!
- Mediterranean Bean & Chickpea Salad
- Herbed Mediterranean Chicken
- Lemon Chicken Piccata Recipe – Tangy and Bold Mediterranean Flavor
- Healthy Antipasto Salad Recipe – Awesome Red Wine Vinaigrette Dressing
- Tilapia Piccata with Wine and Capers
- Greek Omelette with Artichokes and Feta Cheese
Pin this tangy Greek salad
Would you like a reminder of this recipe for my Mediterranean salad with goat cheese? Just pin this image to one of your gardening boards on Pinterest so that you can easily find it later.
Admin note: this post for my Mediterranean Greek salad first appeared on the blog in May of 2013. I have updated the post to add all new photos, a printable recipe card with nutritional information, and a video for you to enjoy.
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup cucumber (diced)
- 1/2 cup of diced green peppers
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions (scallions)
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon of fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon of Mediterranean sea salt
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup Goat Cheese (cubed)
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- dried thyme (optional)
- Cut up the tomatoes into small chunks.
- Cut up the cucumbers and green peppers into bite-sized pieces.
- Slice the green onions. and red onion.
- Place the cut up vegetables into a medium sized bowl.
- Add half the parsley, half the thyme, the sea salt, and a bit of fresh-ground black pepper. Combine the seasonings with the vegetables. Let the mixture rest for 30 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine the goat cheese, the kalamata olives, the remaining mint, the remaining thyme, and a bit more of the fresh-ground pepper. Let this mixture rest for 20 minutes.
- Combine the vegetables with the Goat cheese mixture.
- Just before serving, combine the olive oil and fresh lemon juice and gently mix with the salad ingredients.
- Season with salt and more fresh ground black pepper. Add a sprinkle of dried thyme, if desired, and serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 331Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 884mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 5gSugar: 8gProtein: 8g
Nutritional information is approximate due to natural variation in ingredients and the cook-at-home nature of our meals.