This Beef veggie salad with pear Gorgonzola dressing is not your average salad. It is gorgeous, and also packs a healthy and tasty punch with the great tasting salad dressing.
If you are trying to lose some weight, eating salads for lunch is a good choice. You can load up on tons of healthy low calorie vegetables, add a bit of protein and come up with a great looking salad.
Treat your friends to this Beef Veggie Salad with Pear Gorgonzola Dressing for Lunch.
The tricks to getting the most out of the presentation of this salad is to use a vegetable spiralizer.
The real taste sensation in the salad is the Litehouse Pear Gorgonzola salad dressing. The dressing has just 50 calories for 2 tablespoons and tastes yummy.
I found this Litehouse dressing in the organic section of my local Kroger supermarket but it’s also available at some Walmart, Target and Hannaford grocery stores. You could also make a home made Pear Gorgonzola dressing by combining these ingredients for a recipe that I found on Food Network:
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons pear nectar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp Dijon mustard
- Half a 6-ounce ripe red Bartlett pear, peeled, cored and diced
- 1/2 cup coarsely crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt, plus extra for seasoning
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper, plus extra for seasoning
The salad was delicious and I loved the way the spiralized vegetables look on top of the greens. Definitely a winner and it’s really worth looking for this wonderful dressing too.
For another healthy lunch option, be sure to try these:
- 2 cups of mixed salad greens
- 1 medium carrot, cut with a vegetable spiralizer
- 3 ounces of left over roast beef
- 1/4 cup of red and yellow sweet peppers
- 1 small tangerine, peeled and cut into sections
- 1/4 of a ripe pear cut into cubes
- 1/4 of a ripe avocado, sliced
- 6 grape tomatoes cut in half
- 2 tbsp of Litehouse pear gorgonzola (or see recipe above to make your own.)
- Cut your carrot using the vegetable spiralizer.
- Place the mix greens on a large plate, layer the vegetables beef and fruits. Top with the spiralized veggies and dress with the pear Gorgonzola dressing.