Steel head trout is a favorite of mine. Many people think it is a form of salmon because of the color, which is so similar, but it is a form of rainbow trout.
This recipe for Steel head trout with lemon Parmesan sauce is delicious and so easy to make. Just bake the trout until it flakes easily. Make the sauce in the last few minutes of cooking and serve the trout with the delicious Parmesan sauce served over it.
If you have never had steel head trout you are in for a treat. And if you like salmon, you will love it. It is sort of like a richer salmon taste. Just delicious!
- 1 pound Steel head trout
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup of heavy cream
- 1-2 tbsp fresh lemon juice (to taste - depending on how much lemon you like.)
- 1 tsp fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp onion flakes
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cracked black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Place the trout in an oven proof baking dish and bake for 20-25 minutes until the fish is no longer translucent and flakes easily.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a skillet on the stove top. Add the basil, onion flakes and salt and pepper. Stir in the sour cream, heavy cream, lemon juice and Parmesan cheese. Cook over a low heat until well combined.
- Serve over the cooked fish.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 435 Total Fat: 30g Saturated Fat: 14g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 13g Cholesterol: 144mg Sodium: 651mg Carbohydrates: 6g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 2g Protein: 35g