There is nothing quite like lounging around on a lazy Sunday and then ending your day with crock pot recipes that have been simmering all day. This recipe for Crock Pot Taco Chili is delicious and simple easy as well.
Crock Pot Taco Chili
Just combine kidney and black beans, chopped peppers, corn, tomatoes and spices with ground beef or ground chicken, set it and forget it. I adore my crock pot. It gives me a chance to enjoy the end of the day with Richard instead of having to prepare a meal from scratch. The crock pot does all the work for me early in the day and the house smells amazing.
Serve with fresh Cornbread and a salad for a hearty meal.
For more ideas on Taco recipes, check out this page.
- 16 oz. can black beans, drained
- 16 oz. can kidney beans, drained
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced (can also used canned jalapenos)
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 10 oz. frozen corn kernels
- 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 28 oz. can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 tbsp. cumin
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tbs. chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- I pound of ground beef or chicken
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Sour cream and shredded Mexican cheese to garnish.
- Place the beef (or ground chicken) in a skillet over medium heat, and cook until evenly brown. Drain grease. Add to the crock pot.
- Combine all of the ingredients except for the cilantro. Stir until combined. Place in the crock pot with the meat and cover. Cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 4 hours, stirring occasionally.
- About 10 minutes before serving, add the chopped cilantro. Serve hot, topped with sour cream and shredded Mexican cheese.
Calorie information is for the chili made with beef.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 182 Total Fat: 7g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 27mg Sodium: 461mg Carbohydrates: 19g Fiber: 6g Sugar: 4g Protein: 13g