Your family will feel like dinner guests when they sit down to this flavorful chicken scaloppine with garlic and white wine recipe.
This recipe is what I call semi-homemade. I use a retail product to give me a base of a meal and add my ingredients to make it more special.
Chicken Scaloppine with Garlic and White Wine
McCormick makes a gourmet spice mix that I use to make this recipe and my family just loves it. It has just the right blend of spices for a really flavorful dish.
The rice was to die for!
For more great recipes, please visit The Gardening Cook on Facebook.
- I pkg of McCormick Gourmet Chicken Scaloppine seasoning mix.
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 lb of boneless skinless chicken breasts (I use free range chicken breasts)
- 3 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- 8 ounces of sliced white mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cups of chicken stock
- 1/2 cup of white wine (use wine you would drink)
- Zest of one lemon
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 3/4 cup of long grain white rice.
- Mix the flour and 2 tbsp of the seasoning mix. Coat the chicken breasts.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet on medium high heat. Cook the chicken pieces for 5 minutes on each side until golden brown. Remove the chicken and keep warm.
- Cook the mushrooms in the same pan, adding additional oil if needed (I just top up with an olive oil spray)
- Add the water, wine and remainder of the seasoning mix. Stir in the rice. Add the chicken over the top of the rice. Cover and cook for about 25 minutes until the liquid is absorbed and the chicken is tender.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 666Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 153mgSodium: 540mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 3gSugar: 12gProtein: 54g
Nutritional information is approximate due to natural variation in ingredients and the cook-at-home nature of our meals.