This recipe for Moroccan grilled shrimp is very quick, and very tasty. I like making it on week nights when I am busier than I am on the weekend. It makes a great addition to my collection of international recipes.
Middle Eastern spices take this dish to a whole new level. Are you fond of this sort of flavor? Try my Tandoori Shrimp recipe for an Indian version that has great taste and a creamy marinade.
Moroccan Grilled Shrimp Recipe
Shrimp recipes are some of my favorites. They cook up quickly and have a lovely delicate flavor. Normally, I don’t like to add too much in the way of spices, especially if they give the dish too much heat. This seems to overpower the shrimp, in my opinion. But this blend of Middle Eastern spices makes for savory shrimp and my whole family loved it.
What makes this dish so tasty is the fact that you cook the spices in olive oil for a bit to bring up the aroma, then you flash-cook the shrimp in the spicy oil.
Serve with steamed rice and a tossed salad for an easy and very quick meal.
- 1 lb jumbo shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons Ground Spanish paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- lemon wedge, for garnish
- chopped spring onions, for garnish
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a large frying pan. When the butter begins to sizzle, add the garlic and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add the spices (cumin, coriander, ginger, paprika and cayenne pepper) to the pan. Cook, stirring well for a few seconds to mix the spices.
- Add the shrimp. Cook shrimp for 2 minutes on each side over a medium high heat, stirring to avoid burning the spices. As soon as all the shrimp have turned pink, they're done..
- Transfer shrimp to warmed serving dishes. Garnish with lemon wedges and some chopped spring onions.
- Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 262 Total Fat: 15g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 9g Cholesterol: 255mg Sodium: 1123mg Carbohydrates: 6g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 1g Protein: 27g