Homemade Garlic bread is a must have accompaniment to many main course dishes. This recipe combines butter with basil and parsley for a great taste sensation.
What to serve with this homemade Garlic bread
There are so many ways to use this homemade garlic bread recipe. Serve it with home style soups or stews to get that last drop of broth.
And what would summer barbecues be without a tray of garlic bread with freshly grown herbs? It turns any grilled meat into an easy meal. Try some of these ideas to serve with this herbed garlic bread.
- Vegetable beef and barley soup
- Old Fashioned Slow Cooker Beef stew
- Roast Vegetable salad
- Curried Broccoli crock pot soup
- One pot sausage rotini bake
Basil and Parsley Garlic Bread
This garlic butter bread recipe is super easy to do and tastes a LOT better than any garlic bread that you might purchase at your local market.
Ingredients for herbed garlic bread
Combine the fresh herbs with garlic and butter until you get a paste like consistency. Cover the dish and put it into the microwave to melt. Stir in the Parmesan cheese.
Cut the French bread in half and place it cut side down on a BBQ grill for a couple of minutes until it is lightly toasted. Brush the cut side with the butter mixture.
Grill or broil for a couple more minutes. That’s all there is to it!
You can even make extra of the butter spread and keep it in the fridge to easily make garlic bread any time that you want it. I used fresh herbs – basil and parsley – for my recipe.
Dried herbs will work fine too, but they won’t give the same type of flavor that you will get from using the fresh variety. Decrease the amount of fresh herbs to 1/3 for best results.
One of my favorite ways to serve this garlic bread with my homemade marinara sauce with pasta for a hearty and delicious meal.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons fresh basil, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. grated
- 8 ounces French bread or any other thick and long crusty bread
- Combine the butter, parsley, basil and garlic until it is a paste consistency. Cover and microwave until butter is melted. Stir in the parmesan cheese.
- Cut the bread in half lengthwise; place cut side down on an uncovered grill over medium heat for 2 minutes or until lightly toasted. Brush cut side with the butter mixture. Grill or broil 1-2 minutes longer.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 77Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 148mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 2g
Nutritional information is approximate due to natural variation in ingredients and the cook-at-home nature of our meals.