Looking for a hearty pasta dish that your family will really love? Try this bow tie pasta salad with sweet Italian sausages.
Printable recipe – Bow tie Pasta Salad with Sweet Italian Sausages.
I enjoy making Italian Sausages and peppers recipes. The combination of the two seems just perfect for each other and they are also very easy to prepare.
I love these sweet little bow tie pasta pieces. When my daughter was young, they were her favorite shape of pasta. Even now, when I cook them, I remember her moving them around on her plate to “decorate it.”
This recipe combines the pretty pasta shapes with sweet Italian sausage (my husband’s favorite) to add a little zip to the dish. Then you add in the heart healthy fresh vegetables for extra fiber and crunch. The result is a nutritious and tasty meal that will delight.
Serve with a piece of crusty bread and enjoy!
For more great recipes, please visit The Gardening Cook on Facebook.
- 16 oz of pasta, bow tie shapes
- Pinch of Kosher salt
- 2 Italian sausages, with the casings removed
- 3 tablespoons of organic garlic, freshly minced
- 1 cup of roasted sweet mini peppers, sliced & with skin removed
- ½ tsp fresh black pepper
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 pounds of broccoli, cut broccoli florets into 1 inch pieces
- ½ cup of chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup of freshly grated Parmesan Reggiano cheese
- In a large pot boil about 4 quarts of water with 1 tbsp of Kosher salt. Add pasta and cook according to the directions for al dente.
- When the pasta has cooked, drain the water and return the pasta to the pot, drizzle with a little olive oil, stir and cover.
- Meanwhile, brown the Italian sausage in a non stick skillet for about 5 minutes over medium heat. While you’re cooking use a spoon or spatula to break the sausage into small pieces. Once sausage is browned, add the garlic, roasted mini sweet peppers, ½ teaspoon of Kosher salt, red pepper flakes and some fresh cracked pepper. Continue cooking for about 2 minutes while stirring.
- Increase heat to high and add ½ cup of chicken stock and broccoli.
- Cover and cook for about 2 minutes then uncover, continue cooking & stirring while the water evaporates and the broccoli has finished cooking. Be careful not to overcook the broccoli, add the broccoli mixture and Parmesan Reggiano cheese to pasta and toss. Drizzle with a touch of olive oil and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 292Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 25mgSodium: 476mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 5gSugar: 3gProtein: 15g