Looking for a hearty pasta dish that your family will really love? Try this bow tie pasta salad with sweet Italian sausages.
The salad is ready in just minutes but very hearty and tasty. It has a zesty kick from the Italian sausages and a fresh garden finish.
Keep reading to find out how to make it.
Bow tie pasta salad with sweet Italian sausage
I enjoy making and dishes which feature Italian sausages. My husband is particularly fond of them.
I love these sweet little bow tie pasta pieces. When my daughter was young, they were her favorite shape of pasta. Even now, when I cook them, I remember her moving them around on her plate to “decorate it.”
The name for this type of pasta is farfalle, which means “butterflies” in Italian. We refer to them as bow tie pasta because of the shape.
This Italian bow tie pasta salad recipe combines the pretty pasta shapes with sweet Italian sausage, olives (another of my husband’s favorites) and mozzarella cheese.
Serve with some fat free Italian dressing and a piece of crusty garlic bread and enjoy!
Share this recipe for bow tie pasta with sausage and peppers on TwitterLooking for a delicious and hearty salad? Try this recipe for bow tie pasta with Italian sausages and garden veggies. It's ready in minutes and tastes amazing. 🍅🍃#pastasalad #Italiansausages Click To Tweet
Pin this post for farfelle pasta salad with Italian sausage
Would you like a reminder of this recipe for Italian sausage pasta salad? Just pin this image to one of your recipe boards on Pinterest so that you can easily find it later.
More pasta recipes
Are you fond of pasta? So are we! Here are a few more recipes to try:
- Meaty Spaghetti Sauce with Pork and Beef – Homemade Pasta Sauce
- Shrimp Pasta with Broccoli – Ready in Less Than 30 Minutes!
- Ziti Pasta with Sausages & Swiss Chard – Skillet Ziti Noodles Recipe
- Sausage Garlic Parmesan Pasta – A Delicious 30 Minute Meal
- Cheesy Pasta with Ground Beef – Easy Weeknight Recipe
Admin note: this post for Italian sausage bow tie pasta first appeared on the blog in June of 2013. I have updated the post to add all new photos, a printable recipe card with nutritional information, and a video for you to enjoy.
- 16 oz of pasta, bow tie shapes
- 1 tablespoon of Kosher salt
- 4 Italian sausages
- 1 1/2 cups of cherry tomatoes
- 8 ounces of mozzarella cheese, cut into chunks
- 3/4 cup of black olives
- 1 cup of chopped sweet peppers
- 1/4 teaspoon of cracked fresh black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- Fresh basil leaves to garnish
- 8 tablespoons of fat free Italian dressing
- In a large pot boil about 4 quarts of water with 1 tablespoon of Kosher salt. Add pasta and cook according to the directions for al dente.
- When the pasta has cooked, drain the water and return the pasta to the pot, drizzle with a little olive oil, stir and cover.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half.
- Cut the mozzarella cheese into small chunks.
- Meanwhile, brown the Italian sausages in a non stick skillet until cooked over medium heat - about 10 minutes.
- Remove and cut into small rounds.
- Combine the pasta in a large bowl with the sliced sausages, cherry tomatoes, chopped peppers, black olives and mozzarella.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add the Italian dressing, mix well and garnish with fresh basil leaves and serve.
Calories are for the salad with fat free dressing. You can use normal Italian dressing but it will add more calories to the dish.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 335Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 44mgSodium: 1316mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 17g
Nutritional information is approximate due to natural variation in ingredients and the cook-at-home nature of our meals.