Who doesn’t love a Banana pecan cake? It is moist and just delicious. This great recipe is easy to make and tastes wonderful. I’ve used reduced fat cream cheese on the frosting, and unsweetened applesauce in the cake mix, to cut down the calories a bit.
This Banana Pecan Cake is a Great Use of Ripe Bananas
This cake is a semi home made recipe. It uses a boxed cake mix but adds real ingredients to taste more home made. It’s the best of both worlds – time saving and great taste.
The pecans add a nice crunch and the cream cheese frosting is wonderful and creamy as always. It makes a nice addition to the banana flavor.
Do you like the taste of bananas and pecans?
For the cake
- 4 ripe bananas
- 2 boxes of Vanilla Cake Mix
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce - (you could also use oil if you wish)
For the Frosting
- 8 ounce reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 6 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of Milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Chopped pecans as a garnish - optional
Directions for the banana pecan cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Peel and mash bananas.
- Add cake mix and the rest of the cake ingredients
- Mix in mashed bananas
- Spray 4 cake pans with cooking spray and pour in the batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 22-25 minutes depending on your oven. Start checking at 22 minutes and remove when toothpick inserted into center of the cake comes out clean.
- To make the frosting, blend cream cheese, and butter. Gradually add the confectioners sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Beat in the vanilla extract.
- When the cake has cooled, spread the prepared frosting over the layers and sprinkle with pecans.
- Frost the top of the cake ,and add more pecans if desired.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 360Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 49mgSodium: 278mgCarbohydrates: 58gFiber: 2gSugar: 43gProtein: 4g
Nutritional information is approximate due to natural variation in ingredients and the cook-at-home nature of our meals.