This bacon wrapped haddock recipe is easy to make and adds a lovely smoky flavor to any plain whitefish.
Everything goes better with bacon, so the saying goes! And that goes for a mild flavored white fish like halibut, which often needs a little something extra for best taste.
This recipe for bacon wrapped halibut fillets combines a nice mix of fresh herbs with lemon and halibut. The parcels are then wrapped in bacon and cooked on the barbeque grill or under the broiler in your oven.
This recipes is for a main course but you could even cut the bacon in half and then make the halibut pieces smaller and wrap and secure with a toothpick and serve as an appetizer at your next drink’s party.
Serve with green beans and potatoes for an easy and delicious week night meal.
- 2 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- pinch of cracked black pepper
- 16 ounces halibut fillets
- Zest of one lemon
- 1 lemon sliced thinly
- 8 slices of center cut bacon
- French's crispy friend onions to garnish (optional)
- Fresh basil
- Preheat the broiler in your oven.
- Combine the olive oil, spices, and seasonings, with the lemon zest in a large bowl. Mix well. Put the fish in the marinade and flip to coat it well.
- Put a lemon slice on each piece of fish and wrap with 2 slices of the bacon. Secure with a toothpick. Do the same for each piece of the halibut.
- Cook for about 5 minutes each side until the fish is opaque in the center and the bacon is browned.
- Can also be cooked on an outside grill for about 10 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh basil, lemon slices and crispy onions.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 308Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 91mgSodium: 627mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 34g
Nutritional information is approximate due to natural variation in ingredients and the cook-at-home nature of our meals.