Enjoy Wildlife with an Acrylic Window Bird Feeder
One of the things I often do as part of writing for my blog is to review products from various sponsors of mine. I especially love it when I am offered the chance to review a product that really fits into the gardening aspect of my blog. So, when I was offered the chance to test out this Window Bird Feeder by Yellowbeaks, I jumped at the chance.
I love this bird feeder because I can watch the birds in the bird feeder from the inside of my home. I placed the bird feeder on a back window of our house and it is visible from both my kitchen and my dining area. An added benefit is that the window where the feeder is installed in also on my deck, where I have patio chairs, so I can enjoy it from the outside too. (and according to the manufacturer, there is no way for the squirrels to get to the food!)
The feeder was simple to install. I first placed some bird food in the bottom of the feeder and then just positioned it on the back window and pressed the three strong suction cups into place and it holds very securely.
The opening is very wide which makes it easy to add bird food and also will attract both small and larger birds. I used Wagner’s Four Season Wild Bird Food which contains a variety of general purpose seeds including sunflower seeds and is great for attracting song birds. It is economical and an excellent value and is a good, clean product.
Once the food is in the feeder, it is just a matter of pressing the three suction cups against the window to install it.
Some Benefits of the Yellow Beaks Window Bird Feeder:
- It is made of lightweight, crystal clear acrylic which makes bird watching easy since you can see through the feeder.
- the 3 strong all-weather suction cups attach to any window surface, and the feeder is able to withstand extreme weather.
- There is a wide opening which gives the birds easy access to the bird food and seeds.
- Best of all, it is Squirrel proof. The angled roof is made so that the squirrels have no way to get to it. (short of jumping from my patio table!) If you read about my problems with squirrels in my vegetable garden last year, you will know why this feature appeals to me!
- The bird feeder requires no assembly at all.
- It is easy to clean. Just remove from the window and bring inside to wash easily.
- It has a perch on the front that the birds love.
- Easy to enjoy watching the birds from both outside and inside the home!
- The feeder can be used in cold weather, but these tips for attracting birds in winter will be helpful.
If you would like to check out more info on this window bird feeder, or to purchase one of your own, you can see it here on Amazon. (affiliate link)This is a wonderful bird feeder if you have children or just for some general family nature watching fun. If you enjoy watching birds, this is a wonderful item to own.
I have received this bird feeder for free from Yellowbeaks for an honest review of the product, but I only recommend products that I use myself and believe my readers will enjoy.