This Strawberry Chocolate Chip Mousse could not be easier to make. It combines just a few ingredients, all layered in a large wine glass and served with a dollop of whip cream. Best of all, this chocolate mousse is low in calories but still elegant.
Strawberry Chocolate Chip Mousse is a Refreshing Delight
It is simple enough to make any night and fancy enough to serve at a dinner party!
I used fat free sugar free pudding and light whip cream but kept in the real sugar for extra sweetness. It is a fast and easy dessert that can be made and assembled in less than 15 minutes for a busy week night treat. Super low in calories too!
The Ghiradelli chocolate chips are a special treat to what looks like a normal mousse. They give a touch of dark chocolate decadence and a nice crispiness to the creamy mousse. (affiliate link.)
- 1 (2.1 oz) pkg of Fat Free Sugar Free Jello Pudding mix
- 2 cups of skim milk
- 10 strawberries, quartered
- 4 tbsp of dark chocolate chips. (the Ghiradelli brand taste wonderful!)
- 2 tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- Light whip cream
- Sprig of mint
- Strawberries and chocolate chips to garnish
- Combine the pudding mix, vanilla extract and skim milk in a cold bowl. Whip with a whisk for about 2 minutes and place into the refrigerator.
- While it is setting, slice the strawberries and mix with the chocolate chips and sugar. Stir several times over about a 5 minute period. The sugar will make a very slight syrup for the strawberries.
- Take out the pudding and whisk one more time.
- Layer some of the pudding, some of the strawberry/chocolate chip mixture, and whip cream topping. Repeat another group of layers. (see note on layering below.)
- Add a dollop of whip cream, a slice of strawberry, a few chocolate chips and a sprig of mint to garnish.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive a small commission from the sale, but the price is the same for you. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."