Vinegar has so many uses. It is a great household cleaner and can be used in so many ways, including to help your cut flowers to last longer. Here are some more vinegar tips.
Vinegar Tips to Keep your Cut Flowers Fresh and home clean
Here are some of my favorite things that vinegar can be used for. I am sure there are hundreds other that you may come up with.
- Keyboard cleaning: mix equal parts white vinegar and water in a bucket. Dampen a clean cloth in the solution and used it to clean off your computer mouse and keyboard.
- Room Freshener: fill a spray bottle with white vinegar, and spritz wherever a freshening is needed. The vinegar will neutralize the odor, so that your home smells like your home instead of a covered up flowery scent.
- Drain cleaner. Just use a funnel to pour in 1/2 cup baking soda followed by 1 cup vinegar.
- Deodorize sponges. Soak your sponges in a container of white vinegar and leave them overnight. Squeeze them out in the morning, and they will be refreshed and ready for use.
- Weed killer. Use a watering can, a spray bottle or a pump-sprayer to apply the white vinegar and use the mixture to spray on weeds in your garden.
- Make Flowers Last longer – my favorite: To keep cut flowers fresh longer (or even perk up the ones that have drooped) add 2 tablespoons of white vinegar and 1 tablespoon of sugar to a vase of water. Your flowers will last days longer than just plain water.
For more household tips, please visit my Facebook page.
Do you have any other vinegar tips that you would like to share? Please leave them in the comment section below.