This tropical salad combines a mix of fresh greens, and veggies with pineapple and a tangy cilantro lime vinaigrette.
Since I am following a vegan diet, I used Gardein chicken stripsbut normal chicken breasts would work just fine if you are a meat eater.
These chicken strips are very tasty and come in several great tasting flavors.
Tropical Salad with veggies and pineapple is a tasty lunch option.
Do you use meat substitutes in dishes? Let us know in the comments below.
For more healthy cooking recipes, please visit my Pinterest Healthy Cooking Board.
- 150 grams of Gardein chicken Strips (meat eaters can use boneless, skinless chicken)
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 1 small red pepper, sliced
- 1 small yellow pepper, sliced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 4 cups fresh salad greens
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 2 baby cucumbers, sliced
- 12 cup of cubed fresh pineapple
Marinade for the chicken
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley
- juice of 1/2 lilme
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove of garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- Saute the Gardein chicken pieces in 1 tsp of olive oil for a few minutes on each side and then place into the marinade and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Combine all of the other salad ingredients on a plate.
- Use a food processor to combine the vinaigrette ingredients.
- Add the chicken to the top of the salad, along with the marinade and top with the vinaigrette. Enjoy!
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive a small commission from the sale, but the price is the same for you. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."