This recipe for Tilapia piccata is very versatile. Just substitute any white fish such as flounder or sole. The recipe is easy and elegant.
The wine and capers add a lovely piquant sauce to the dish and makes the meal perfect for a fancy dinner.
Piccata is an Italian word (sometimes spelled pichotta) which means to be pounded flat. When it is used in reference to preparing food, it means served in a tangy sauce with butter spices and lemon.
Often capers are used as an ingredient. A piccata flavor is tart and goes beautifully with fish.
Making the tilapia piccata
This recipe is really quick and easy to make.
The longest part is just cooking the rice. I used a rice cooker, since it gives me fully perfect rice every time. The fish itself takes less than 10 minutes. Perfect for a busy week night.
Serve this tilapia recipe with a small side salad. You family will love it!
More recipes to try
If you like the flavor of this recipe, try these tangy ideas:
- Garlic Lemon Chicken – Mustard Herb Sauce – Easy 30 Minute Recipe
- Lemon Chicken Piccata Recipe – Tangy and Bold Mediterranean Flavor
- Light Seafood Piccata with Pasta
- Chicken piccata with artichokes
- 24 ounces Tilapia
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup of white wine
- 2 tbsp of fresh lemon juice
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon drained and chopped capers
- 2 tablespoon of butter
- 1 cup of long grain white rice
- Cook the rice in a rice cooker with 1/4 tsp of the sale and 1/8 tsp of the pepper until it is done. (about 1/2 hour)
- Sprinkle the fish with the remaining salt and pepper. Coat it in the flour.
- Heat the oil in a non stick frying pan over a medium high heat.
- Add fish and cook for about 2 minutes on each side until the fish flakes with a fork.
- Add the wine, lemon juice and zest and capers to the pan. Cook for 1 minute and then add the butter.
- Stir until the butter melts.
- Serve over rice with a small side salad.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 376Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 112mgSodium: 458mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 46g
Nutritional information is approximate due to natural variation in ingredients and the cook-at-home nature of our meals.