Do you like a bit of heat in your recipes? This Thai peanut chicken is for you.
It is easy to make and has just the right amount of heat but is not too spicy.
This recipe is a great one for those who like chicken dishes with a kick. It has a distinct Thai flavor and has just the right amount of spice.
Thai Peanut Chicken
If you enjoy Thai cooking, be sure to check out my recipe for tamarind paste substitute. It’s an ingredient often called for in Thai recipes.
The rub for the chicken contains Sugar, peanuts, chili powder, onion, and salt and is easy to do. Just grind up the peanuts in a food processor (not too fine, it’s nice to have a bit of crunch.
The rub was easy to do. Nuts, chili powder, sugar and salt!
I just combined finely chopped dry roasted, unsalted peanuts, chili powder, sugar, and salt together in a food processor to a gritty corn meal mixture.
The chicken was dipped first into skim milk and then into the peanut mixture.
Place the coated pieces in a Pam sprayed oven proof casserole dish. Oven is preheated to 350º F.Cook the chicken for 30 minutes until the inside is no longer pink.
Easy and quick recipe, just perfect for a busy week night.
Serve this Thai peanut chicken with rice and a tossed salad and you have a great and easy week day dish that takes less than an hour to do.
I used boneless chicken thighs from Whole foods that were free range and they were full of flavor and so moist.
More Thai recipes
If you like the taste of Thai food, try one of these recipes:
- One Pot Beef Curry and Vegetables – Easy Thai Curry Recipe
- Thai Vegetable Rice – Asian Inspired Side Dish Recipe
- Pineapple Chicken Curry with Coconut Milk and Thai Chili Paste
- Thai Peanut Stir Fry With Brown Rice – Vegan Recipe for Meatless Monday
- Thai Chicken Coconut Soup – Tom Kha Gai
- 1/3 -1/2 cup of peanuts, pulsed in a food processor (depends on how much coating you want and how many calories!)
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1-2 teaspoons of chili powder (depends on how spicy you like it)
- 1/2 teaspoons of kosher salt
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup of Skim milk
- 16 ounces of boneless, skinless chicken thighs I buy range free chicken pieces from Whole foods Market.)
- Preheat the oven to 350 º F.
- Put the peanuts in a food processor and grind until they have the consistency of bread crumbs.
- Add the sugar, chili powder and kosher salt.
- Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper. Dip into the skim milk and then into the peanut mix.
- Place in an oven proof casserole dish that has been sprayed with Pam.
- Cook in a preheated oven for 30 minutes until the chicken is no longer pink inside.
- Serve with rice and a tossed salad.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 255Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 143mgSodium: 511mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 31g
Nutritional information is approximate due to natural variation in ingredients and the cook-at-home nature of our meals.