This Thai Peanut Stir Fry has a boatload of veggies and uses Gardein chicken strips as a substitute for chicken for a substantial and tasty Eastern flavored main course that can be enjoyed by vegans.
Team this stir fry with brown rice, flavored with cumin, spring onions and raisins and you will tempt even the most meat loving family member.
Thai Peanut Stir Fry Veggies and Brown Rice Sensation
I always cut up every thing before I start cooking. It seems to make the cooking process all come together faster.
Plus, you can do the cutting earlier in the day and then just stir fry right before you need the meal, so it is more relaxing for me to do it this way.
For more healthy cooking recipes, please visit my Facebook page.
What are your favorite quick and easy dinner meals? Do you stir fry often? Please leave your comments below.
For the stir fry
- 150 Grams of Gardein Chicken Strips
- 1/2 cup of brussel sprouts, halved
- 3/4 cup of diced carrots
- 1/2 cup of sliced zucchini
- 1/2 cup of sliced baby peppers
- 1/2 cup of sugar snap peas
- 1/2 cup of celery
- 1 cup of broccoli florets
- 1 inch slice of ginger, grated
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 4 tbsp Bangkok Padang Peanut Sauce
- 1/2 cup of dry sherry
- 4 tsp arrowroot to thicken the sauce
- 1 cup of brown rice
- 1/4 cup of raisins
- 1/4 cup of spring onions
- 1 tsp cumin
- salt and pepper
- 1 1/4 cup of water
- I use a rice cooker to make my rice, so I do this first. Brown rice takes some time to cook so be sure to allow for this.
- Closer to the meal time, Heat the peanut oil in a skillet and add the onion, garlic, peppers, celery and carrots and cook until the onion is tender, about 1-2 minutes
- Add the remaining vegetables except for the peas and stir fry for another 2 or 3 minutes. Add the peas and stir for a few more minutes.
- Combine the peanut sauce, cumin, and sherry with the arrowroot and stir into the mixture. Keep stirring over medium heat until the sauce thickens.
- Serve with the brown rice.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive a small commission from the sale, but the price is the same for you. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."