This recipe for sugar snap peas, mushrooms and tomatoes is easy to make and just full of flavor. It would make a fast side dish for any weeknight when time is limited.
Best of all, the ingredients are fresh from the garden! What could be better?
Nothing tastes quite like a vegetable dish made from fresh veggies that you have grown yourself.
I just love to take a basket out to my garden and see what has ripened for today. It is my version of recipe planning!
Sugar snap pea stir fry with mushrooms and tomatoes printable recipe
The recipe calls for grape tomatoes, sautéed mushrooms and sugar snap peas cooked in wine. It is so easy to make and adds a nutritious punch to any main meal.
Everything is cooked in one pan and the wine adds just the right touch of flavor to the dish.
For more great recipes, please visit the Gardening cook on Facebook.
What is growing in your garden today?
- 1 small container of mushrooms
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp of butter (vegetarians and vegans substitute Earth Balance Buttery Spread)
- 1/2 small container of grape tomatoes, cut in half.
- 2 cups of sugar snap peas
- 1/4 cup of white wine
- 2 tbsp of lemon juice
- 1 tbsp fresh basil, oregano
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp of parmesan cheese - optional (Vegetarians use veggie parmesan. Vegans omit the cheese.)
- Cook the peas in a microwave safe bowl for about 2 1/2 minutes. Set aside.
- Heat the oil and butter in a skillet. Cook the mushrooms and garlic. Add the spices and wine.
- Stir in the sugar snap peas and tomatoes.
- Top with the parmesan cheese if desired.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 161Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 134mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 4gSugar: 5gProtein: 5g
Nutritional information is approximate due to natural variation in ingredients and the cook-at-home nature of our meals.