These creative St. Patrick’s Day recipes will help you celebrate in style this year.
St. Patrick’s day is a day steeped in tradition.
This year, on March 17, millions of people will wear green and celebrate the luck of the Irish at parades, with good cheer and even drinking a pint of green beer.
Cooking up Some Lucky St. Patrick’s Day Recipes
You will notice that many of these St. Patrick’s day recipes feature the shamrock. This is probably the most recognized symbol of the day, along with the color green.
The shamrock was called the “seamroy” by the early Celts. It was considered a sacred plant in ancient Ireland, since it symbolized the rebirth of spring.
By the 17th Century it was recognized as the symbol of emerging Irish Nationalism. This held fast during the years as the English began to seize Irish land.
Many Irish wear the shamrock as a symbol of pride in their heritage.
To make these creative St. Patrick’s day recipes please follow the links below to the recipe sites sites.
- Thin Mint St. Pat’s Truffles – from Cookin’ Cowgirl
- St. Patrick’s Day Mint Cookies – Courtesy of Betty Crocker
- Hot Chocolate for St. Patrick’s Day – from Taste of Home
- Leprechaun Hat S’mores – DIY project from Always the Holidays
- St. Patrick’s Day Shamrock Cupcakes – shared from Martha Stewart
- Smiling Shamrocks in Edible Cups – from Hungry Happenings
And for more St. Patrick’s day food, fun and decor ideas, check out these St. Patrick’s day fun ideas on my holiday blog.
Do you do anything special for St. Patrick’s day, or is just another day for you? Please leave your comments below.