Who can resist spaghetti recipes – a traditional Italian favorite? This recipe for spaghetti and meatballs combines chutney for a rich marinara sauce. I have cooked the meatballs in the oven to reduce the fat but you can also fry them in oil if you prefer.
Spaghetti and Meatballs with Sweet Marinara Sauce
This recipe uses ground beef and fresh home grown herbs plus some Middle Eastern spices for a delightful taste. The meat balls are baked in the oven to save on fat and calories and the whole recipe comes together very quickly for a delicious International recipe.
Serve the dish with a side salad and herbed garlic bread and you will have a filling and delicious meal.
For more recipes, please visit The Gardening Cook on Facebook.
For the meatballs
- 1 pound of ground beef,
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 slices of bread, soaked
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tsp salt.
For the sauce
- 1 onion chopped
- Knorr Cream of Tomato soup mix, 1 package
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 1 1/2 tbsp chutney
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup of cold water
- 1 tsp thyme
- 14 oz can of evaporated milk
- Fresh chopped parsley and spring onions (to garnish)
- 8 oz cooked spaghetti
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Mix the meat ball ingredients together and roll into balls.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven until done and set aside. (about 15-20 minutes.)
- Fry the onion in butter until brown, mix the rest of the sauce ingredients. Stir well and cook for about 15 minutes. slowly. Add the cooked meatballs to the mixture and cook for about 10 minutes. Served on cooked spaghetti.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 753Total Fat: 35gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 187mgSodium: 1074mgCarbohydrates: 60gFiber: 5gSugar: 18gProtein: 48g