Slow Cooker Vegetable Curry with Chickpeas is a perfect recipe for a busy week night. It is warm, comforting and packed with nutrients.
The recipe will work with just about any vegetables you have on hand.
I make this dish all the time and rarely make it with the same ingredients twice for that very reason! This is a great addition to my collection of crock pot recipes.
Nutritious Slow Cooker Vegetable Curry is Flavorful and Inviting.
Crock pot meals make things so easy in the kitchen. How do your slow cooker meals end up? If you are not satisfied with your results, you may be making one of these crock pot mistakes.
The reason I fell in love with this recipe is because it is so versatile. Also, my meat loving husband says this is one of his favorite meals that I make. Can’t ask for more than that, since there is not a hint of meat in the recipe.
The spices and brown sugar, as well as the coconut milk gives the dish a delicious richness that can’t be beat.
Best of all, the recipe is done in the crock pot. Easy to prepare, makes the house smell delicious all day long and a cinch to put together at meal time.
Serve this dish with left over rice patties or jasmine rice and wait for the positive comments!
For another vegetable style curry, check out my curried carrot soup with tofu. It’s perfect for a vegan diet.
For more healthy recipes, please visit my Facebook Recipe Page.
- 4 cups cauliflower – cut in florets
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts – quartered
- 1 sweet potato – peeled and diced
- 1 red pepper – diced
- 1 medium onion – diced
- 3 cloves of garlic - diced
- 15 ounce can chick peas
- 15 ounce can stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon cayenne – optional
- ½ cup frozen green beans
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup silk soy creamer
- 2 tbsp arrowroot
- salt and pepper to taste
- sour cream, parsley and chives – optional garnishes (vegans use Tofutti sour cream)
- Place vegetables, chickpeas, coconut milk, chicken broth and spices in the slow cooker and heat on Low for 8 hours or on High for 4 hours.
- Mix arrowroot powder and silk creamer and add 1/2 hour before serving to thicken.
- About 15 minutes before serving stir in the frozen beans and raisins to warm.
- Check for seasoning and adjust accordingly.
- Serve over brown rice or grain of choice with sour cream, and chives.