Who doesn’t love the flower of a chili on a cool winter or autumn night? This recipe for my Slow Cooker Vegan Chili has all of the flavor of a traditional chili but is great for those who don’t want to eat meat.
Easy crock pot recipes like this are perfect for Meatless Mondays.How do your crock pot meals end up? If they are not living up to your expectations, you may be making one of these slow cooker mistakes.
For Cooks in a Rush – Slow Cooker Vegan Chili
The recipe calls for a variety of bean types but you can use any that you have on hand. Just pop everything in the slow cooker before you leave for work and it will be ready when you return home. And the house will smell great when you walk in.
For more Vegan recipes please visit my daughter’s website Jess Explains it all.
If you want the more traditional look of a meaty chili, add Soy crumbles in the last 15 minutes of cooking.
Do you miss meat in a chili? Let us know in the comments below
Other vegan recipes to try
Do you follow a vegan diet? Try these recipes for something new:
- Curried carrot soup with tofu – Creamy but without a drop of cream or butter.
- Thai peanut stir fry – A great plant based substitute makes it meat free.
- Vegan lasagna with eggplant – This Italian delight is made with no meat.
- Slow cooker vegan 3 bean chili – The crockpot does all the word on this recipe.
- Vegan peanut butter walnut fudge. – Perfect for dessert or a snack.
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped fine. I included the leaves too
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- I poblano chili pepper. (remove the seeds if you don't like it too hot)
- 28 oz of stewed tomatoes
- 28 oz red kidney beans - (make sure to rinse them)
- 28 oz three bean mixture - (rinse well)
- 1 ear of corn. Cut off the kernels. You can also use frozen corn.
- 3 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 2 Tbsp Cumin
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Pepper to taste
- 5 cups vegetable broth (or water)
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley to garnish
- 1 avocado, sliced or mashed (optional, as topping)
- 1 tbsp dairy free sour cream.
- Chop up the onions, garlic, carrots and celery. Remove the kernels from an ear of corn.Add these and all of the other ingredients into your slow cooker and cook on high for 6-8 hours (9-11 hours on low) or until the beans are soft and the chili has darkened to a nice deep brownish red.
- Serve with avocado slices, dairy free vegan sour cream and chopped parsley. Leftovers keep well in the fridge for about 4-5 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 274Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 973mgCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 13gSugar: 7gProtein: 15g
Nutritional information is approximate due to natural variation in ingredients and the cook-at-home nature of our meals.