Here’s a creamy recipe for shrimp Florentine that is quick and so delicious!
I love the taste of shrimp and spinach together. The sauce is rich and creamy and perfect for those nights when you are looking for a dose of comfort food.
How to make Shrimp Florentine With Bow Tie Pasta
Florentine, when used as a cooking term, has come to mean with spinach, but it actually refers to the Florentine region of Italy. Adding spinach to a shrimp recipe gives a healthy burst of flavor to the dish and tastes delicious.
Be sure to devein the shrimp first, if this has not already been done by the store. It makes the dish much more visually appealing.
This recipe is so flavorful. Serve it with a side salad and a piece of garlic bread and you will have a delightful and easy week night meal that will please the pickiest of eaters.
- 8 oz. bow tie pasta
For the shrimp:
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 lb shrimp, cleaned and ldeveined
- 1 tsp minced fresh garlic
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/2 cracked black pepper
- 6 oz baby spinach ;eaves
For the sauce:
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup Parmesan or Swiss cheese
- Cook pasta, according to package directions.
- You will be making the sauce and cooking the shrimp at the same time.
- While the pasta is cooking, whisk together the cornstarch, milk, cream, wine, salt and pepper in a 2-quart saucepan. Add the butter. Cook over medium heat , stirring constantly until thickened (about 5 minutes). Remove from heat. Whisk in cheese and keep warm.
- In a separate pan, melt the butter . Add the shrimp, garlic and crushed red pepper and cook for about 4 minutes or until shrimp is pink and no longer translucent. Add the lemon juice, lemon zest, and spinach. Cook for 3 more minutes or until spinach starts to wilt.
- Pour the sauce over shrimp, toss to coat. Add the cooked bow tie pasta, toss to coat. Serve with a tossed salad and garlic bread.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 618Total Fat: 35gSaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 334mgSodium: 1769mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 43g
Nutritional information is approximate due to natural variation in ingredients and the cook-at-home nature of our meals.