Here’s a creamy recipe for shrimp Florentine that is quick and so delicious!
I love the taste of shrimp and spinach together. The sauce is rich and creamy and perfect for those nights when you are looking for a dose of comfort food.
How to make Shrimp Florentine With Bow Tie Pasta
Florentine, when used as a cooking term, has come to mean with spinach, but it actually refers to the Florentine region of Italy. Adding spinach to a shrimp recipe gives a healthy burst of flavor to the dish and tastes delicious.
This recipe is so flavorful. Serve it with a side salad and a piece of garlic bread and you will have a delightful and easy week night meal that will please the pickiest of eaters.
- 8 oz. bow tie pasta
For the shrimp:
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 lb shrimp, cleaned and ldeveined
- 1 tsp minced fresh garlic
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/2 cracked black pepper
- 6 oz baby spinach ;eaves
For the sauce:
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup Parmesan or Swiss cheese
- Cook pasta, according to package directions.
- You will be making the sauce and cooking the shrimp at the same time.
- While the pasta is cooking, whisk together the cornstarch, milk, cream, wine, salt and pepper in a 2-quart saucepan. Add the butter. Cook over medium heat , stirring constantly until thickened (about 5 minutes). Remove from heat. Whisk in cheese and keep warm.
- In a separate pan, melt the butter . Add the shrimp, garlic and crushed red pepper and cook for about 4 minutes or until shrimp is pink and no longer translucent. Add the lemon juice, lemon zest, and spinach. Cook for 3 more minutes or until spinach starts to wilt.
- Pour the sauce over shrimp, toss to coat. Add the cooked bow tie pasta, toss to coat. Serve with a tossed salad and garlic bread.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 618Total Fat: 35gSaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 334mgSodium: 1769mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 43g
Nutritional information is approximate due to natural variation in ingredients and the cook-at-home nature of our meals.