This recipe for seared scallops uses white wine for a delicate sauce that compliments the scallops beautifully.
I love sea scallops. They are buttery and delicious and make a lovely dinner party or romantic meal choice.
If you are looking for a tasty dinner recipe that will be on the table in a flash, look no further!
Seared Scallops with White Wine
The recipe is very easy. The trick is being sure not to overcook the scallops. They can get tough easily if you cook them too long.
Just a few minutes on each side over a high normally will cook them and give them a nicely browned outside.
For more great recipes, please visit The Gardening Cook on Facebook.
- 1 pound sea scallops
- Kosher salt and cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
For the wine sauce
- ¼ cup dry white wine, good quality
- 1 tablespoons salted butter
- 2 large spring onions both white and green parts, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Kosher salt and cracked black pepper, to taste
- Rinse the scallops and drain well. Pat both sides of scallops dry with paper towels. Season lightly with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Heat a 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Add the butter and olive oil into the heated skillet and allow the butter to melt.
- Add the scallops to the skillet in a single layer, taking care to leave plenty of room between each scallop. Cook for about 3 to 5 minutes and then gently turn scallop with tongs or a small spatula to sear the second side for an additional 3 to 5 minutes or until the scallop is well-browned.
- Remove the scallops to a serving platter and keep warm.
- Allow the skillet to cool slightly. Add the dry white wine to de-glaze the skillet. Scrap up any browned bits that have formed as the scallops were cooking.
- Add the butter, onions, and garlic to the white wine, stirring constantly. Cook about 2 minutes, until the onions have become tender and translucent. Remove the skillet from heat and spoon the pan sauce over the scallops.
- Serve with a tossed salad for a refreshing and delicious meal.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 227Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 62mgSodium: 1096mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 24g
Nutritional information is approximate due to natural variation in ingredients and the cook-at-home nature of our meals.