This Roasted Yam Salad with seasoned chicken has the most amazing flavors. It’s simple to make and just full of hearty goodness and flavor. Salads don’t have to be boring and this one proves it in spades.
For another healthy salad, check out my antipasto salad with home made red wine vinaigrette. It is full of bold flavors.
Did you know that March is National Nutrition Month? This gives us a perfect time to focus on the importance of making smart food choices and developing well thought out physical activity habits.
This salad is the perfect way for me to incorporate a wonderful blend of superfoods into my diet.My husband and I are both trying to get more fit and healthy.
Since we love salads, it’s a no brainer for us to incorporate more of them into our daily meal planning. Imagine my delight when this collection of Eat Smart Gourmet Vegetable Salad Kits made its way into my kitchen today.
The possibilities for meals next week are endless! Eat Smart Gourmet Vegetable Salad Kits are chef inspired and offer a sophisticated blend of five or more superfoods.
They include everything you need to make a delicious salad. The kits are perfect for those of you, like me, who are looking for great looking, convenient and healthy food options to add to your daily life.
This roasted yam salad with seasoned chicken is the perfect way to celebrate National Nutrition Month.
I wanted to use one of these kits for lunch today and they all sound fantastic, but the Eat Smart Roasted Yam Gourmet Salad Kit won out.
Then, the salad is topped with the savory nutty crunch of dried sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds and a classic custom-made vinaigrette. It makes the perfect salad all on its own, or to be combined with your favorite protein. I decided to add some seasoned chicken breast fillets, healthy almonds, some seasonings, and one of my favorite superfoods – avocado slices. What I love most about the Eat Smart Gourmet Vegetable Salad Kits is that the meal is so quick to prepare. Just pop open the bag and arrange on your plate. Add the extras you want (or not…the choice is yours!) and top with the prepared dressing.
I started by seasoning both sides of my chicken breasts with Himalayan sea salt and cracked black pepper.
A sprinkle of tarragon was then added and the chicken was grilled until it was cooked through.
The tarragon adds a hint of licorice flavor that I think will pair well with the roasted yams. I decided to get a bit artistic with the way I displayed my salad to showcase the superfoods. This is one of the most amazing salads I have made yet on my blog! The blend of flavors with my few extras all go together beautifully. The dressing is tart and fresh tasting and the greens are so tasty.
The roasted yams add such a nice touch too. Believe it or not, this is the first time that I have tried Kale. I LOVE it! The recipe is large enough to make a really hearty sized portion. And the flavor is TO-DIE-FOR! It’s chock full of fresh taste and the sunflower seeds. pumpkin seeds and bright red currants add such a nice sweet and crunchy texture to the salad. It is a mix of delicious superfoods and lean protein in every scrumptious bite. And it is the perfect way to make sure that your lunch time is a really healthy one that fits hand in glove with National Nutrition Month!
For another healthy salad option, try these:
- 1 Eat Smart Roasted Yam Gourmet Vegetable Salad Kit
- 2 tbsp of raw almonds
- 1 medium chicken breast, boneless and skinless
- Pinch of Himalayan Sea Salt
- Pinch of Cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of Dried tarragon
- 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 medium avocado, sliced
- Heat the olive oil in a non stick skillet over medium high heat.
- Sprinkle both sides of the chicken breast with sea salt, black pepper and dried tarragon.
- Heat the chicken breast about 3 minutes each side. Remove to a silicone cutting board and slice on the diagonal.
- Return the chicken to the pan and brown on the cut edges until it is no longer pink.
- Place the greens from the Eat Smart Roasted Yam Gourmet Vegetable Salad Kit on serving plates.
- Divide the nut crunch mix from the bag to the top of the salad.
- Add the almonds, sliced chicken pieces and sliced avocados.
- Sprinkle the roasted yams over the top.
- Drizzle with the prepared dressing from the salad kit.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 241Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 192mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 5gSugar: 2gProtein: 16g
Nutritional information is approximate due to natural variation in ingredients and the cook-at-home nature of our meals.