This recipe for roasted root vegetables is easy and delicious. They are very easy to prepare and make a great side dish for any protein choice.
Printable Recipe – Roasted Root Vegetables with Rosemary and Garlic.
I love roasting most of our vegetables. The slow cooking process reduces the vegetables natural flavors.
I made a roast beef tonight and had left over rosemary and garlic pieces, so that became the seasoning for my vegetables.
To make the dish, you will need leeks, carrots and potatoes, olive oil , rosemary and garlic, plus salt and pepper.I finely chopped the garlic and rosemary and added the olive oil to the spices.
Chop the veggies and put them into a large bowl with the spices and oil. Mix well. Place the vegetables in a large baking dish lined with al foil. Bake for about 45 minutes in a 350º F oven.
I served these with my recipe for roast beef with rosemary and garlic with Malbec wine.
- 4 large potatoes, cut into medium sized pieces
- 6 carrots, cut into large piedes
- 2 large leeks, cut into big chunks
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary
- 1 large clove of garlic
- Pam Cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 350 ºF.
- Chop the rosemary and garlic and add to the olive oil in a large bowl. Add all the veggies and mix well.
- Place in a 9 x 13" baking dish lined with aluminum foil and spray with Pam cooking spray.
- Roast for 45 minutes until tender and lightly browned.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 276Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 52mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 6gSugar: 5gProtein: 6g
Nutritional information is approximate due to natural variation in ingredients and the cook-at-home nature of our meals.