This recipe for roasted butternut squash is just delicious. It combines the richness and sweetness of butternut squash with a wonderful Moroccan spice mix, for a taste sensation.
Butternut pumpkin has the most amazing flavor. It is sweet and firm and makes a wonderful soup recipe. Today we’ll be roasting it to bring out its natural sweetness.
Roasted Butternut Squash Printable Recipe
This recipe is just delicious. The Moroccan spice mix takes away the normal squash flavor which can be quite strong and turns it into a lovely savory side dish. Try it. You will not be disappointed.
- 5 cups butternut squash, peeled and cut into chunks,
- 2 Tbsp olive oil (or slightly less)
- 1/2 tsp. Mediterranean sea salt
- dash of fresh ground black pepper
Spice Mix Ingredients
- Spice Mix (this will make extra but it keeps well in the pantry)
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground sweet paprika
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground allspice
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- a pinch ground cloves
- Preheat the oven to 450 F.
- Put squash in bowl and toss with olive oil, salt, pepper, and 1 tsp. spice mixture. Stir well to get the oil and spices evenly distributed on cut surfaces of the squash.
- Spray roasting pan with a nonstick spray and arrange squash in a single layer. Roast about 40-50 minutes, turning every 15 minutes or so. Squash is done when it is soft and slightly browned. Season with more Mediterranean sea salt, and serve hot.
- This left over spice mix can be used on any other roasted vegetables, such as carrots, rutabagas, potatoes, sweet potatoes, etc.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 171Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 313mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 9gSugar: 5gProtein: 3g
Nutritional information is approximate due to natural variation in ingredients and the cook-at-home nature of our meals.