I have a thing for roast chicken. I like it any how, any way. Cooking a whole chicken in the oven makes for a moist dinner that normal stove top chicken recipes can’t seem to muster.
Printable Recipe – Roast Chicken with Infused Herbs.
This recipe looks somewhat complicate but is really very easy to do.
The first thing you need are fresh herbs. Pretty much any will do, but tonight I used rosemary, fresh parsley and basil. They gave the chicken a wonderful aroma and taste.
You will need to slightly separate the skin from the breast meat of the chicken. Just slip your fingers under and then use a pair of kitchen shears to gently cut the skin away so that you can raise it up as shown above.
Cut the herbs into small pieces. They do not have to be finely diced. I just remove the stems and cut them into smallish clusters. Add about one tablespoon of butter thinly sliced into a few pieces and stuff this all under the skin of the chicken.
Smooth out the herbs so they are evenly distributed and pull the skin down over them.
Sprinkle the top of the chicken with seasoned salt and a light brush of extra virgin olive oil.
Bake in a 350ºF oven for about 20 minutes per pound and an extra 20 minutes. You will be amazed at the flavor and moistness of this chicken cooked this way.
- 3 pound chicken
- 2 tablespoons of fresh herbs
- 1/4 teaspoon Seasoned salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 º F.
- Separate the skin of the chicken from the breast meat.
- Cut the herbs into smallish pieces (no need to dice finely)
- Stuff the herbs with one tablespoon of butter cut into thin slices under the skin of the chicken. Smooth down the skin and make sure the butter and herbs are evenly distributed.
- Roast for 20 minutes per pound and an extra 20 minutes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 300Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 128mgSodium: 135mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 33g
Nutritional information is approximate due to natural variation in ingredients and the cook-at-home nature of our meals.