This recipe for raspberry chicken with roasted rosemary squash is full of flavor. The chicken has a delightful sweet/savory topping and the onions and squash are infused with the flavor of rosemary, balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
Printable recipe Raspberry Chicken With Roasted Rosemary Squash
The dish is easy to do and perfect for busy weeknights when time is at a premium.
Begin by preheating the oven to 400°F. Season the chicken with half of the rosemary, salt and pepper. I used fresh rosemary. I am lucky to be living where it grows all through the winter for me on my patio (even in this 9 degree cold we got today!)
Meanwhile, combine the raspberry preserves, dijon mustard, ginger, garlic and the remaining vinegar.
Garnish with a sprig of rosemary and serve with a side of seasoned rice.
Your family will love the sweet and savory chicken and you will feel great knowing that you have given them a very healthy and nutritious main course.
- 16 oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary, plus 2 sprigs for garnish, divided
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt,
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, cut into chunks
- 3 teaspoons balsamic wine vinegar, divided
- Pam cooking spray
- 1 tablespoons raspberry preserves
- 1 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoons chopped ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Pre heat oven to 400°F. Season the chicken with half of the rosemary, salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, toss the squash with 1 teaspoon oil. In a second bowl, toss onions with 1 tsp of the vinegar and remaining 1 teaspoon oil.
- Spray a baking dish with cooking spray. Place chicken in the pan and spread the squash and onion around it; Season the vegetables with other half of the rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Roast for 15 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Meanwhile, combine the preserves, dijon mustard, ginger, garlic and remaining vinegar. Brush the chicken with the preserve-mustard sauce; turn veggies; and roast the dish another 15-20 minutes.
- Garnish with a sprig of rosemary and serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 301 Total Fat: 8g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 96mg Sodium: 414mg Carbohydrates: 14g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 5g Protein: 36g