There will be no reason to ask your family to have a seat at the table when you serve this delicious pork roast stuffed with mushrooms and wild rice. They will come running!
The recipe is bursting with with flavor from the delicious blend of white and wild rice, mushrooms, onion and garlic. It slices into pretty medallions, which makes it a very impressive dish for for guests as well.
I love to make roasts. They seem to always turn out well, and seem as though the preparation took hours, when really the oven is doing all the work, and you can relax while it cooks. For me, roast night is my “easy” cooking night!
Serve with my recipe for easy home made applesauce and any choice of vegetables and you will have a clean platter and one happy family.
- 2 pounds pork loin roast
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup onions, finely chopped
- 1 stalk of celery, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup of white rice, cooked and drained
- 1/4 cup of wild rice, cooked and drained
- 1/2 cup of soft bread crumbs
- zest of one lemon
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh sage, finely chopped
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- kosher salt and cracked black pepper
- In a saucepan, over a medium heat, melt the butter and cook the mushrooms, garlic and onions until tender, stirring often. Remove from heat, stir in lemon juice, lemon zest, sage, rosemary, egg yolk, salt and pepper. Mix well and set aside.
- Combine the cooked wild rice and white rice with the soft bread crumbs and add to the vegetable and egg mixture.
- With a sharp knife, insert the blade into the middle of the roast and make a long slit for a "pocket" to hold the stuffing being sure to leave about 1/2" all around the opening. Spoon in the stuffing and place the roast in a shallow pan.
- Roast in a 350 degree F. oven for 20-40 minutes (20 minutes per pound) or until the internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees F. Remove pork from the pan; cover with foil and let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 292Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 118mgSodium: 183mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 32g
Nutritional information is approximate due to natural variation in ingredients and the cook-at-home nature of our meals.