Looking for an easy but delicious appetizer that will be a great start to a cocktail party, or a fancy dinner for special friends? These Phyllo cup crab appetizers will delight the most discerning of guests.
If you are like many of us, this month is a round of one gathering after another. This means lot of cooking to come up with tasty ideas to feed to your guests.
Getting together with friends is one of the joys of the holidays. There seems to be so many get togethers to cram into one month, so easy finger food recipes are a must.
Making Crab appetizers
The flavor of crab is delicate and goes so well with cream cheese and fresh dill.
Fresh crab can be pricey, but many stores also sell canned chunk crab meat at a fairly reasonable price and this will work, too (and will be less work taking the crab out of the shells!)
These lovely appetizers look and taste delicious all dressed up in their Phyllo tart shells. The recipe calls for horseradish and paprika to add a nice kick.
The recipe is super easy to do. Just mix the ingredients and spoon it into the little formed Phyllo tart shells and bake, then garnish with more fresh dill. Easy, peasy and so tasty!
I slimmed them down slightly by using reduced fat cream cheese. Garnish with fresh dill and you have a great party appetizer.
How do these crab appetizers taste?
The taste of the appetizers is rich and creamy with just a bit of a kick from the horseradish. Your party guests will love them!
Looking for more party appetizers? Try one of these easy recipes:
- Cranberry pecan crostini appetizers
- Bacon wrapped chicken appetizers
- Asparagus crostini appetizers with Gouda and Prosiutto
- Dozens of Easy appetizers to start your party off with a bang.
Would you like a reminder of this recipe for Phyllo crab appetizers? Just pin this image to one of your cooking boards on Pinterest.
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 2 to 3 tablespoons horseradish sauce
- 3/4 cup chopped chunk crab meat
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 2 small sweet red peppers diced finely
- 2 packages (1.9 ounces each) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- Dill weed
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and horseradish until smooth.
- Stir in the crabmeat, diced peppers and onion.
- Spoon 2-3 teaspoonfuls into each tart shell;
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Place the shells on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 16-18 minutes or until the tops begin to brown.
- Garnish with fresh dill.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 50