What is not to like about peanut butter and chocolate? Oh yes…the calories. Well, I can’t do too much about the calories, but I can at least adapt the recipe so that it is suitable for vegans as well as vegetarians and those with normal diets. These peanut butter chocolate oatmeal cookies will not last long in your kitchen!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies are Easy and Delicious
If you don’t want to make them the vegan way, the recipe can also be made for normal diets. Just use regular milk instead of the soy milk and butter instead of the Earth Balance Buttery spread.
One of the best things about this recipe is the fact that they are no bake. Ready in a jiffy and so tasty whether you make them with dairy or without!
If you liked this recipe, be sure to check out these vegan no bake chocolate peanut butter cookies too. I used flaked coconut in them to keep the oats lower.
- 2 cups sugar
- ½ cup vanilla soy milk
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) Earth Balance Buttery Spread
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- Large pinch kosher salt
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or use a silicone baking mat.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, bring the sugar, soy milk, butter spread and cocoa to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, then let boil for 1 minute. Remove from the heat. Stir in the oats, peanut butter, vanilla and salt, and stir to combine.
- Drop teaspoonfuls of the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet, and let them sit at room temperature until they are cooled and hardened, about 30 minutes. They are best stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container.