This Orange Tuna with Black Bean and Corn Salsa is one of my family’s favorite recipes.
Tuna is a favorite fish in our house. We love the texture of it and it takes only seconds to prepare (good quality tuna can be served rare, so it takes just a couple of minutes on each side.)
This Orange Tuna with Black Bean and Corn Salsa has a Tangy Sauce.
You can grill this outside on the grill, but anindoor grill plate will also give you the nice grill marks as well and that is what I used for this recipe.
I use mine all the time when the weather is not so great outside for a BBQ. Since it was raining cats and dogs, indoor grilling it was.
The sauce is so easy. It is a combination of orange juice, lite soy sauce, garlic, cracked black, and lemon juice.
There was marinade left over, so I added some extra OJ to the marinade and it also made a very good low cal, oil free salad dressing.
Just a couple of minutes on each side on the grill pan and the I topped it with some Paul Newman Black Bean and Corn Salsa. This tasty salsa is slightly sweet and complimented the flavors of the marinade beautifully.
Add a tossed salad and enjoy!
Orange Tuna With Black Bean and Corn Salsa
- 12 ounces Good Quality Tuna steaks
- 1/4 cup of orange juice
- 2 tbsp of lite soy sauce
- 1/8 tsp cracked black pepper
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- juice from 1/2 large lemon
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat a range top grill pan over medium high heat.
- Combine all of the ingredients except for the fish and oil. Stir well to combine. Bast e the tuna.
- Place the tuna on the grill pan, being sure to place it so that the grill marks are where you want them. Cook 2 -5 minutes each side (depending on how rare you like your tuna) Baste while cooking.
- Serve with a tossed salad. The extra marinade mixed with some more orange juice made a great salad dressing!