What could be easier than this one pan roasted chicken dinner?
One pan, easy clean up, fast. Oh my goodness, my mind is going into overtime dinner love for this one! I make roast chicken all the time, but normally I do the chicken separately and cook the vegetables by themselves, either in the oven, microwave or on top of the stove. No matter which way, it’s a ton of cleaning up to do after the meal is done. Not so with this one pan roasted chicken dinner. Everything is placed on a baking sheet and it is ready to eat before you know it.
The beauty of this dish (other than the easy part) is that you can use what you have on hand for vegetables. Just try and cut them into even sized pieces so they cook evenly. My pantry, today, had celery, potatoes and some lovely baby peppers so that is what the base of the dish consists of.
I placed a silicone baking mat on a large baking sheet and added all my veggies. They look so beautiful and roasted veggies bring out their natural sweetness, so I know this is going to taste great.
I am lucky enough to have rosemary, thyme and oregano still growing outside, even though it is February. They keep trucking on no matter what the temperature gets to here in NC. You can either use fresh herbs from the grocery store, or use dried. (most grocery stores stock fresh herbs in the produce section now!)
The vegetables get a nice splash of extra virgin olive oil and a dusting of the diced herbs. Then I added the chicken thighs and seasoned everything with Himalayan pink sea salt, Spanish paprika and cracked black pepper.
Into the oven the pan goes and I get to sit down and read a book. Well, actually, I get to write this blog post but YOU get to read a book!
45 minutes later and everything looks wonderful!
The vegetables have crisped up and have an amazing sweet flavor and the chicken is beautifully browned and so moist and delicious.
This meal is one that your family will ask for again and again, and you will say yes, because you know how easy it is to make and to clean up after.
Looking for another easy chicken dinner? Try this delicious weeknight chicken scallopine.
- 4 chicken thighs with both bone and skin attached
- 2 large potatoes, cut into chunks,
- ½ head of celery, cut into large pieces,
- 6 small baby peppers, seeded and topped but left whole
- 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- Bunch of fresh rosemary, thyme and oregano - about 1 tablespoon of each (dried works fine too, just use a tsp of each)
- ¼ tsp of seasoned salt
- Himalayan pink sea salt to taste
- Cracked black pepper to taste
- ½ tsp of Spanish paprika
- Preheat the oven to 350 º F. Place a silicone baking mat on a cookie sheet. Arrange all of your vegetables on the mat.
- Drizzle with the olive oil and use your hands to coat the veggies.
- Sprinkle with half of the fresh herbs.
- Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper. Place on the cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle everything with the Spanish paprika and seasoned salt. Sprinkle the the remaining fresh herbs.
- Cook in the preheated oven for 35-45 minutes, until the chicken is not longer pink and the juices run clear. Enjoy!
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive a small commission from the sale, but the price is the same for you. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."