This Mason Jar Easter Bunny project is a great alternative for celebrating the holiday.
It comes together in just minutes and would also make a great table centerpiece for your dessert table.
I love hiding Easter eggs and making a basket for kids as much as the next person. But it can get pretty expensive if you are doing if for a LOT of kids.
These cute project will give each child a bunny, as well as some Easter eggs and it is decorative, as well. Everything in the jar is edible, including the grass!
This Mason Jar Easter Bunny DIY project comes together in a flash.
Just assemble your supplies. If you have a young one in the house, they will LOVE to help you make these. (it’s your guess as well as mine as to how many treats makes it to the jars!)
You will need these items:
- 1 package of pink edible Grass
- Spring M & Ms
- 12 Robin Eggs
- 6 Chocolate Easter bunnies a bit shorter than your Mason jars
- 6 Mason Jars with lids
- 1/4″ ribbon (I used green, white and blue)
- 1 piece of Easter Scrapbook paper
- Glue stick, scissors and a pencil
The treat jars just come together in layers. Start by dividing the bag of edible grass into 6 and pushing each bundle down into the Mason Jars. Sprinkle in a layer of the Pastel colored Easter M&Ms.
Unwrap each of the Easter Bunnies and place him into the jar and move him around a bit so that he sits straight. Place two Robin’s egg candies behind the bunny to hold him in place.
Let’s add some pretty lids!
Trace the mason jar lid on the Easter scrapbook paper and use the glue stick to attach it to the top of the lid. TIP: I found it easier to tighten the jar first and then glue the top to get the pattern to line up.
I cut three pieces with Easter eggs and three with bunnies.
Tie the 1/4″ ribbon around the jar lid and position it in the front.
Tada! That’s all there is to it. The jars are all set to display on your Easter table. Be the kids will want more than one!
Pin this Easter project for later
Would you like a reminder of this Mason Jar Easter Bunny Treats Project? Just pin this image to one of your Easter boards on Pinterest so that you can easily find it later.
This post may contain affiliate links. I earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you if you purchase through an affiliate link.
- 6 Mason Jars
- 12 Robin's Eggs
- 6 Easter Bunnies to fit
- 1 Piece of Easter Scrapbook paper
- 6 pieces of 1/4" ribbon
- 1 bag of Edible grass
- Bag of Easter M&Ms
- Glue stick, scissors and pencil
- Divide the edible grass and place it in each of the mason jars.
- Add a layer of M&Ms.
- Place the Easter bunny in the grass and position him.
- Add two large Robin's eggs behind him to hold him in place.
- Trace the jar kids on scrapbook paper.
- Cut it out and glue to the lids with a glue stick.
- Tie a piece of ribbon around the rim of each lid.