Cocktail recipes are so much fun to share with friends. This Malibu rum punch recipe with Earl Gray tea is called the “Paradise Punch” cocktail. It is a great drink for hot evenings.
This fruity rum punch combines traditional Earl Grey Tea (which will delight your English buddies) and Malibu original rum for a refreshing summer time drink.
This unique twist on the classic Malibu Punch combines the Earl Grey tea with the tropical sweetness of pineapple and orange, and the tangy zest of lime. The addition of apple juice adds a nice crispness, making this punch a true sensation for your next get-together.
Keep reading to find out how to make this tasty drink.
Why use Earl Grey tea?
The traditional Malibu punch is a tasty and fruity drink. Why add Earl Grey tea to it?
Earl Grey tea is a blend which is flavored with oil of bergamot, and uses the rinds of citrus fruits which grow on bergamot orange trees.
This gives the tea a unique taste that combines well with Malibu rum and other fruits.
Using Earl Grey tea in this Malibu Punch recipe adds a unique and sophisticated twist to the traditional flavors of a punch. The tea’s natural citrus notes from the bergamot oil complement the tropical flavors of pineapple and lime, creating a harmonious blend to enjoy on a hot summer evening.
Making Malibu rum punch with Earl Grey tea
When the weather starts to heat up in the summer, we really start entertaining in earnest at our home. It’s fun to have a big picture of something spiked to get any gathering off to a good start.
If you are looking for a great party punch, look no further. This fruity rum punch is refreshing and will delight your guests. Both my daughter and husband love Earl Gray Tea, so we make this punch often.
You’ll need these ingredients to make the punch:
- Brewed Earl Grey tea
- Malibu rum
- Apple juice
- Pineapple juice
- Orange juice
- Lime juice
- Simple syrup – (equal parts sugar and water, dissolved together)
To make the punch, start by brewing 4 cups of Earl Grey tea and allow it to cool. Once the tea is cooled, combine it with the Malibu rum, apple juice, orange juice, pineapple juice, lime juice, and simple syrup.
Stir the mixture well to combine all the ingredients. Add ice cubes to a large pitcher and pour in the punch mixture.
Serve the Malibu rum punch in glasses filled with ice cubes. Garnish with slices of lime, and pineapple.
Share this Malibu rum punch recipe on Twitter
If you enjoyed this cocktail, be sure to share it with a friend. Here is a tweet to get you started:🍹 Sip into paradise with a tantalizing twist! 🌴✨ Our Earl Grey Malibu Rum Punch blends the elegance of Earl Grey tea with tropical flavors of apple, pineapple, lime, orange and a splash of Malibu rum. 🍍🍎🍋 Unleash your taste buds and… Click To Tweet
More summertime drinks
Get ready to quench your thirst and elevate your game with this collection of a summertime drinks and cocktails! From vibrant fruity drinks to classic highballs, these drinks will keep you cool and refreshed under the sun.
- Tequila Pineapple Cocktail with Basil – Veracruzana – Fruity Summer Drink
- Moscow Mule Cocktail – Spicy Kick with a Citrus Finish
- Amaretto Southern Comfort Sour Cocktail
- Caribbean Coconut Rum and Pineapple Cocktail.
- Grapefruit Cranberry Sea Breeze Cocktail – Cocktails with Vodka
- Floridora – Refreshing Raspberry and Lime Cocktail
- Tom Collins Drink – Refreshing Summer Highball Cocktail Recipe
- 4th of July Cosmopolitan – a Patriotic cocktail
Pin this recipe for Earl Grey Malibu punch
Would you like a reminder of this recipe for a fruity rum punch with Earl Grey tea? Just pin this image to one of your cocktail boards on Pinterest so that you can easily find it later.
What is your favorite alcoholic tea drink? Please leave your ideas in the comments section below.
Admin note: this post for this h Earl Grey cocktail first appeared on the blog in April of 2013. I have updated the post to add all new photos, a printable recipe card with nutritional information, and a video for you to enjoy.
- 4 cups brewed Earl Grey tea
- 1 cup Malibu rum
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup of orange juice
- 1/4 cup simple syrup
- Slices of lime, apple, and pineapple for garnish (optional)
- Ice cubes
- Brew 4 cups of Earl Grey tea and let it cool to room temperature.
- In a large pitcher, combine the cooled tea, Malibu rum, apple juice, orange juice, pineapple juice, lime juice, and simple syrup.
- Stir the mixture well to combine all the ingredients.
- Add ice cubes to the pitcher to chill the punch.
- Serve the Malibu Punch in glasses filled with ice cubes.
- Garnish with slices of lime, apple, and pineapple.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 123Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 3mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 1gSugar: 15gProtein: 0g
Nutritional information is approximate due to natural variation in ingredients and the cook-at-home nature of our meals.