Bakery style muffins are certainly not designed for those on a diet. Those babies are enormous. This recipe for jumbo chocolate muffins gives you the indulgence of those big muffins without the price tag that goes along with them. They make a great breakfast on the go.
The jumbo chocolate chip muffins are easy to make.
The only part of this breakfast recipe that is a bit tricky is how full to make the muffin cups and how long to cook.
Most cookbooks tell you to fill muffin cups 3/4 full but if you want the look of the bakery muffin, you will need to fill them almost full, to get that tall top to the muffin.
The muffins are really delicious. Moist and full of flavor. And BIG!
Cook them for 25 to 30 minutes. Mine took about 29 to get the texture right but it depends on your oven. They should spring back slightly and a toothpick inserted in the center will come out clean.
** Cooking Tip:** To make sure that the muffins don’t cling too much to paper liners, spray the inside of them with Pam cooking spray before filling. It works well, so that you can peel the paper cup off without having a lot of muffin sticking to it.
Jumbo muffin cup liners can be a bit difficult to find. Our affiliate, Amazon, has them in Wilton 6-Cup Jumbo Muffin Pan” target=”_blank” rel=”noopener noreferrer”>large sized muffin trays made by Wilton. (affiliate links)
- 2 eggs (I use free range eggs)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 400 º F.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, mix the eggs, oil, milk, sugar and vanilla extract together on medium speed. If the mix is too dry, you can add just a tiny bit more oil or milk.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, and salt together.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ones. Mix just until combined. The batter should be slightly lumpy.
- Fold in the chocolate chips being sure they are mixed well.
- Fill each cup 3/4 (or all the way to the top for a bigger muffin but you will probably only get 5 if you do this.)
- Bake at 400º F for 25-30 minutes. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 777Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 22gCholesterol: 65mgSodium: 764mgCarbohydrates: 112gFiber: 4gSugar: 57gProtein: 12g
Nutritional information is approximate due to natural variation in ingredients and the cook-at-home nature of our meals.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive a small commission from the sale, but the price is the same for you. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."